PRIMEFLEX for SAP HANA ensures real-time predictive analysis and smarter decision-making to enable business growth of Al Khaleej Sugar
"Fujitsu provided comprehensive SAP HANA project management, helping ensure our digital business transformation aligned our people, processes and technology with our business goals."
Al Khaleej Sugar upgrades aging SAP infrastructure to FUJITSU Integrated System PRIMEFLEX for SAP HANA® - providing real-time mobile analytics and enabling growth.
Based in Jebel Ali, Dubai, Al Khaleej Sugar produces 6,000 tons of refined white sugar per day, and employs 800 personnel. Beginning production in 1995, it has made remarkable progress to achieve its status as the largest standalone sugar refinery in the world. Plans are currently in place to increase the capacity of its refinery to 7,000 tons per day to meet growing global demand.
Al Khaleej Sugar’s existing SAP platform was built on outdated IBM Power hardware and was proving expensive to maintain. The company wanted to find a better-performing, innovative solution that would cut costs while also delivering new SAP HANA based business functionalities.
After close evaluation of the market, Al Khaleej partnered with Fujitsu to deploy FUJITSU Integrated System PRIMEFLEX for SAP HANA®, which integrates virtualized servers and storage with Intel® Xeon® processors in one end-to-end, pre-configured solution. It also includes a separate disaster recovery facility.
- Forty percent reduction in overall costs
- Improved decision making thanks to real-time predictive analysis
- Secure mobile access promotes faster decision making by senior management
- Enhanced operational visibility thanks to improved integration with critical systems
- Optimized availability and scalability – ensuring the company remains ready for future innovations, e.g., Internet of Things
Share this page