What is a Hackathon?
A Hackathon is an event where teams work together to bring an idea to life. It relies on collaboration and creativity to conceptualise and prototype new products and solutions within a limited timeframe.
After identifying a theme or clear business problem, a run way of planning typically spans 6-8 weeks depending on the event. During the hackathon, teams will build their ideas to present and pitch their prototype to a panel of judges and the end of the event.
Why you need a Hackathon
- You want to solve a complex problem in a short amount of time
- You want a tangible solution that can be further developed and implemented
- You need new perspectives and expertise that your existing team doesn’t have
What to expect
- A viable prototype
- A range of solutions tailor-made to your business challenge
- A multi-day event that also exposes your company to a new pipeline of talent
- A business case evaluation for each idea
Featured Case Study
On December 6-7, the Fujitsu Australia Software Technology hackathon kicked off at our French's Forest office. Staff were challenged with internal and customer business problems; and within 48 hours developed prototypes involving advanced technologies including Blockchain, Machine Learning, Biometrics and IoT sensors.