Orient Watches’ timely IT modernization
Orient Watches in Amazonia was the first to assemble Orient watches outside its country of origin. The factory in Manaus, Brazil, opened in 1978 with employees trained in Japan and became well known for its innovation in automatic watches.
Orient Watches needed to replace its servers to implement modern, high-availability equipment that could help the company to grow. Any delays in issuing documents forced staff to work overtime and impeded the processing of more orders.
- Integrated and virtualized IT infrastructure
- Hyperconverged technology, Fujitsu PRIMEFLEX, was implemented to improve performance and energy efficiency
- 80% reduction in time spent on routine tasks
- Significant increase in productivity with overtime reduced and staff satisfaction improved
- Rack space reduced from 16U to 2U
- 40% energy saving