Revolutionizing routine tasks through automation
Founded in 1888, Tampereen Sähkölaitos is a Finnish energy company, which provides electricity, heating and cooling to over 250,000 customers. It employs almost 400 people, produces more than 3,400 GWh of energy every year and has sales of €289 million.
Tampereen Sähkölaitos relied on multiple paper-based, manual business processes, which were vulnerable to human error, involved significant duplication of effort and were tedious for employees. It wanted to automate three key functions.
Tampereen Sähkölaitos turned to long-time IT partner Fujitsu, which introduced UiPath Robotics Process Automation software to automate budget planning, employee onboarding and customer contract renewals. Now, around 200 employees can access the intuitive business process interface to update, create or retrieve vital information.
- Routine tasks which took hours now take minutes
- Faster processes save thousands of euros per month
- Employees are free to focus on more strategic priorities
- Potential for human error has been eliminated
- Increased efficiency leads to better customer service