Enhanced Support Facility provides improved service performance with additional functions such as a dedicated system monitoring tool and a utility that can reduce recovery time if the Oracle Solaris should fail.
Enhanced Support Facility analyzes the logs provided by System Control Facility and the OS to notify system administrators of the main unit state precisely. It also provides useful tools for power supply control and maintenance of the main unit. The Enhanced Support Facility enables stable system operation and quick recovery from problems.
These functions enable customers to develop reliable systems that provide comfortable operation and easy maintenance on the Oracle Solaris environment.
|Enhanced Support Facility 4.0||February 14, 2012|
|Enhanced Support Facility 3.2.1||December 13, 2011|
|Server Model||Systems Requirements||Latest Version|
|SPARC Enterprise (*1)||Oracle Solaris 11||Enhanced Support Facility 4.0|
|Oracle Solaris 10||Enhanced Support Facility 3.2.1|
(*1) Supported models : SPARC Enterprise M3000, M4000, M5000, M8000, M9000, SPARC T4-1, T4-2, T4-4, T3-1, T3-2, T3-4, SPARC Enterprise T1000, T2000, T5120, T5140, T5220, T5240, T5440
1. Refer to "SPARC Enterprise Hardware Platform Guide" for the methods of building the whole system including "Enhanced Support Facility".
- Visit here: "SPARC Enterprise Hardware Platform Guide" to refer to the guide.
2. Please install the Enhanced Support Facility by referring to "Chapter 4 Restrictions and Notes" in "Enhanced Support Facility Installation Guide".
3. List of support machines
Enhanced Support Facility 4.0 and 3.2.1 supports the following machines. Please do not use it on other machines.
- SPARC Enterprise M3000/M4000/M5000/M8000/M9000
- SPARC T4-1/T4-2/T4-4/T3-1/T3-2/T3-4
- SPARC Enterprise T1000/T2000/T5120/T5220/T5140/T5240/T5440
Before downloading and installing the driver ensure you have read and understood the notes and had necessary information on operating environment.