NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
Fujitsu SPARC M12-1
The Fujitsu SPARC M12-1 server is a mission critical entry-level server based on the latest SPARC64 XII processor, delivering powerful core performance and the high-end benefits of virtualization for deployment flexibility.
The Fujitsu SPARC M12-1 features:
- The Fujitsu SPARC M12-1 server is designed to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO), rapidly deploy new business services, and reduce server sprawl by consolidating existing systems more cost-effectively and more reliably.
- CPU core-level Capacity on Demand allows granular and agile response to changes in business requirements. Fujitsu SPARC M12 Core Activation allows customers to start small and grow by supporting an initial minimum of two activated cores and step-by-step expansion in units of a single core.
- Dramatically improved Oracle Database processing and encryption performance with Fujitsu SPARC M12 Software on Chip functionality. By implementing dedicated per-core logic in each processor, Software on Chip offers vastly improved performance for tasks traditionally handled purely by software. Software on Chip functionalities include Single Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) for in-memory processing, decimal floating-point operations, and encryption processing.
- Mainframe-class RAS (Reliability, Availablity, Serviceablity) features abound in Fujitsu SPARC M12 servers. Features to support the most business-critical processing include: automatic recovery with instruction retry, extended error-correcting code (ECC) protection, guaranteed data path integrity, configurable memory mirroring, redundant and hot-swappable system components and support for dual power feed implementations.
- Fujitsu SPARC M12 systems support the world’s most advanced enterprise operating system: Oracle Solaris. Bare metal Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 are supported, as well as Solaris 8 and 9 in Oracle Solaris Legacy Containers, providing customers with exceptional investment protection and no-risk migration from previous server generations.
- To drive higher levels of system utilization and the resulting cost savings, Fujitsu SPARC M12 systems support no-cost Oracle VM Server for SPARC and Oracle Solaris Zones virtualization technologies, allowing for flexible server consolidation for the most demanding mixed-workload environments.
Fujitsu SPARC M12-1 is the ideal entry-level server for traditional enterprise-class workloads such as online transaction processing (OLTP), business intelligence and data warehousing (BIDW), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and customer relationship management (CRM), as well as new environments in cloud computing or big data processing.