Fujitsu Shows Industry-shifting Innovations at Hannover Messe 2018 to Shape, Optimize and Future-proof the Entire Value Chain
- At Hannover Messe, Fujitsu will show latest innovations and live demonstrations of intelligently-connected smart manufacturing solutions for Industry 4.0, Industrial IoT and the digital future of transport.
- Fujitsu will showcase how manufacturers can shape, optimize and future-proof the entire value chain
- Innovative technologies on view include Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), next-generation Blockchain and intelligent networking
Under the theme ‘Shaping Digital Transformation with Digital Co-creation’, Fujitsu will be showing how manufacturers can push Industry 4.0 initiatives even further forward to shape, optimize and future-proof the entire value chain with innovative technologies based on Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), next-generation Blockchain and intelligent networking.
In an eye-catching live demo, Fujitsu’s booth features two factory scenarios with robots and conveyor belts to demonstrate how Industry 4.0 concepts are being applied in production processes. The end-to-end scenarios are supported by Fujitsu’s COLMINA1
platform, which provides the Fujitsu Intelligent Dashboard
as a central visualization tool that supports factory- and company-wide optimization. It consolidates views on critical data and smart analytics results for reporting, alerting and predictions, based on metrics including quality, production, energy or equipment.
Underlining its collaborative approach, Fujitsu is participating in several joint projects with partners at Hannover Messe. The Fujitsu COLMINA platform is on show at the Deutsche Telekom AG booth (H6/F16) alongside a co-creation exhibit developed with T-Systems Multimedia Solutions. And on the SAP booth (H7/A02), Fujitsu is part of the Open Integrated Factory co-creation project, for which it has integrated INTELLIEDGE
, the Fujitsu network edge device, as part of the SAP Digital Manufacturing showcase.
Andreas Rohnfelder, Head of the Fujitsu Industry 4.0 Competence Center
, says: “At Hannover Messe 2018, Fujitsu will bring together one of the most complete Industry 4.0 demonstrations, revealing how advanced technologies such as AI, AR and next-generation Blockchain are reshaping the manufacturing industry. It even extends to the digital future of transport and is a must-see for any organization exploring the transformational benefits of Industry 4.0.”
With multiple advanced manufacturing capabilities on view, visitors to the Fujitsu booth can:
- Witness first-hand in several showcases - with robots and production lines - how Advanced Condition Monitoring is deployed with the help of intelligent algorithms
- Understand how a next-generation Blockchain, IOTA-based audit trail automatically logs audit-compliant production data and transactions live from the factory show-case
- Try out Fujitsu ‘s innovative Head Mounted Displays and experience first-hand how the use of Augmented Reality assists in assembly or picking using the ‘Pick by Show’ approach
- Discover how manufacturers can use platforms such as SAP Leonardo and PRIMEFLEX for Hadoop to create future-oriented infrastructures incorporating IoT, Analytics, and Big Data
- Experience Fujitsu’s Industry 4.0 demo, including the Fujitsu INTELLIEDGE appliance which bridges the gap in Industrial IoT between OT (Operational Technology) and IT, deploying edge computing to make intelligent decisions based on analyzing the massive data sets generated by systems and devices at the network edge
At Hannover Messe 2018, Fujitsu also turns the spotlight on how digital transport can create the transport and mobility systems of tomorrow in Smart Cities. Optimizing efficiency throughout the entire logistics chain results in greater safety levels for people and goods, and energy-optimized traffic flow. Specific innovations being shown on the Fujitsu booth include:
- Fujitsu's intelligent Big Data mobility platform SPATIOWL, which ensures efficient and secure logistics with real-time data analysis and image processing
- Real-time data analysis and image processing for efficient digital parking guidance systems
- Artificial Intelligence for optimizing traffic flow and providing increased levels of safety
- A demo vehicle with over-the-air (OTA) route reprogramming to take account of real-time changes in traffic conditions
- Automatic best-price digital ticketing for public transport operators with Fujitsu’s 1-ticket solution for passengers on any type of public transport, anywhere, across any distance
Notes to editors
1COLMINA links all kinds of digital manufacturing information, from design to production and maintenance, including the location of people and products, details and outputs of factory equipment, and all data produced throughout the manufacturing process, as well as in the supply chain. The solution comprises the Fujitsu Manufacturing Industry Solution COLMINA Service, a suite of operational services for manufacturing; Fujitsu Manufacturing Industry Solution COLMINA Edge, which collects and processes sensor data, such as equipment operations, the vital signs of people, and the location of products; and the Fujitsu Manufacturing Industry Solution COLMINA Platform, which brings together COLMINA Service and COLMINA Edge.
Going forward, Fujitsu will offer standard interfaces between the COLMINA Platform and other companies' solutions and platforms. Because this enables data on everything from design to production to be linked throughout the entire supply chain, it will facilitate the digital transformation of all manufacturing work.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 140,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.1 trillion yen (US $39 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu EMEIA
Fujitsu promotes a Human Centric Intelligent Society, in which innovation is driven by the integration of people, information and infrastructure. In the Europe, Middle East, Africa and India region (EMEIA), our 28,000-strong workforce is committed to Digital Co-creation, blending business expertise with digital technology and creating new value with ecosystem partners and customers. We enable our customers to digitally transform with connected technology services, focused on Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, and Cloud - all underpinned by Security. For more information, please visit http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/about/
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 19 April, 2018