Download Full Case Study PDF
Relying on ETERNUS CS8000 and BS2000 over decades
Continentale is a mutual insurance association. It offers all-in-one comprehensive insurance coverage for retail clients as well as small and medium-sized companies. Continentale Krankenversicherung a.G., for example, provides a wide range of private supplemental and full health insurance policies. The association also includes life and non-life insurance companies, as well as insurance solutions tailored to market niches and market segments.
Continentale Krankenversicherung a.G. wished to gradually consolidate the backup of mainframe data as well as data from connected open systems and the archive to a standardized hardware.
FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS CS8000 offers a central storage platform for backup data from mainframes and other systems. The Data Protection Appliance also includes an easily configurable archive. The cache mirror function makes it easy to implement split-site concepts – with minimal administration requirements.
- An appliance for backup and archiving purposes
- Backup of BS2000 mainframe data and data from open systems with Veeam and NetWorker; additional backup on tape
- Minimal administration requirements due to automation
- Easy implementation of split-site concepts with cache mirror
- Extended services include regular system health check