ThyssenKrupp consumes On-demand SAP hosting and migration services
"We were impressed by the comprehensive services offered by Fujitsu and the responsiveness and attention-to-detail provided by their services team. Throughout the whole process we are confident that we are in capable hands."
Fergus Tooher, Vice President, Information Technology, ThyssenKrupp Elevator AG, Asia Pacific
ThyssenKrupp Elevator is one of the world's largest manufacturers and operators of passenger transportation systems, with customers in more than 150 countries. As one of the world’s leading elevator companies, it offers innovative and energy-efficient products such as passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions.
Headquartered in Germany, ThyssenKrupp Elevator Asia Pacific is the regional office supporting business operations in China and Korea, with a dense network of offices and branches offering installation, modernization and service businesses for its complete product range. In addition, the APAC region runs major manufacturing operations, with factories in various provinces in China, India and Korea.
- In-house IT infrastructure was unable to cope with growth in data and user demand
- Additional infrastructure investment led to overloading during daily operations
- Internal IT team was unable to maintain fixes and the system was not prepared for potential disasters
- Low satisfaction rate among internal users due to slow SAP system response and poor storage performance
- Consultancy and migration for SAP from UNIX to virtualized platform based on FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY RX300 and FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS DX440
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) at Fujitsu’s data center in Hong Kong enabling ThyssenKrupp Elevator to consolidate its applications and centralize the management of factories
- 24x7 on-site management at ThyssenKrupp Elevator regional headquarters, saving the hassle and resources of migrating the system at the initial stage
- Unparalleled performance improvement of 30 to 50 percent
- Efficient transition from legacy operating system to Fujitsu’s high-performance virtualization platform took less than four months
- A well-defined capacity planning and roadmap for three to five years to flexibly upgrade the system to meet future business needs and increasing user numbers
- Able to manage the projection of IT budget with flexible cost structure
- Reduced hardware maintenance costs
- One-stop shop consultancy that fit the business needs of ThyssenKrupp Elevator Asia Pacific
- Reliability, availability, service quality and user experience are greatly enhanced
Read the full ThyssenKrupp Elevator Asia Pacific case study (351 KB/A4, 2 pages)
Share this page