The Indonesian Institute of Sciences introduces Rack and Scale Out Server platform for High Performance Computing
"Fujitsu’s family of PRIMERGY servers delivered a powerful and flexible data center solution that allows us to perform complex scientific calculations, reduce the risk of critical data loss and lower our overall TCO"
Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia (The Indonesian Institute of Sciences or LIPI) is a non-departmental research institution, established on August 23, 1967. LIPI is one of five non-ministerial Government Institutes under the State Ministry of Research and Technology of Indonesia. With a goal to become a world-class scientific institution, LIPI is responsible for carrying out national scientific research to enhance Indonesia’s national economic competitiveness and to develop innovations that strengthen the growth of governance and civil society that is built on the foundation of science principals and a code of ethics. LIPI also acts as an independent source of advice and information on topics related to national policies in science and technology.
- Limited ICT budget encouraged LIPI to build a customized ICT infrastructure that fit their specific needs in regards to quality and price performance
- High compatibility with the existing custom-built system
- High performance infrastructure for processing complex scientific calculations and effective data management
- Reliable ICT environment to improve continuity when processing scientific calculations, including data backup services
- Reduced ICT complexity and downtime which increases overall length of research studies
- Reduce risk of critical data loss
The family range of Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY systems underpin a powerful and flexible data center solution that allows LIPI to perform complex scientific calculations, reduce the risk of critical data loss, offers high scalability and a low TCO.
- Increased reliability and data security for high-speed scientific calculations and processing, and greater system performance for faster research results
- Improved compatibility and scalability to accommodate future expansion of the rapidly changing IT environment, achieved with Fujitsu’s family range of PRIMERGY servers
- Eliminated downtime following implementation
- Reduced TCO utilizing the compact Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY, saved space in the data center and improved power efficiency