NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
ScanSnap Organizer for Mac Update (V1.2L30)
Be sure to update ScanSnap Manager for Mac to a version compatible with macOS Sierra 10.12
in order to apply all the corrections fully.
Please update your OS to macOS Sierra 10.12.1 or later before you use the update program.
Target Scanner Models
ScanSnap SV600 / iX500 / iX100 / S1300i / S1100i
Target Operating Systems
macOS Sierra 10.12
Modified the following errors:
- B&W images are occasionally displayed in reverse on the [Book Image Viewer] screen. In addition, the black and white colors may be reversed when a corrected B&W image is saved in the [Book Image Viewer] window.
- B&W images are occasionally displayed in reverse on the [Remove Newspaper Background Color] window.
- Files are not stored in Evernote on macOS Sierra.
For the software update history, see Readme.
Use ScanSnap Online Update to install the update.
Try manual update if the Online Update does not work.
Download ScanSnap Online Update from the download webpage and install it if not already installed.
- Select [Applications] in the Finder sidebar > [ScanSnap Online Update] > [Online Update].
- The ScanSnap Online Update automatically checks the latest update.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the update.
- Confirm if the version of the ScanSnap Organizer for Mac reads “Version 1.2.30”, referring to the descriptions in How to confirm if the update is successfully completed.
How to confirm if the update is successfully completed
Confirm that the installed/updated version of ScanSnap Organizer for Mac is displayed on the version information.
- Select [ScanSnap Organizer] > [About ScanSnap Organizer]
- The version information can be found at the red-framed part.
- Log into Mac as a user with administrator privileges.
- Quit any other applications that are running on the computer. Do not perform scanning during update.
- When a certain version of ScanSnap Organizer for Mac is installed, you will have to install earlier update files prior to the latest update. Confirm the version currently installed on the computer by the procedure written in How to confirm if the update is successfully completed to find necessary files.
The following describes the update file available for each version of ScanSnap Organizer for Mac. Install the update files required for the version of your ScanSnap Organizer for Mac.
1. For ScanSnap Organizer for Mac V1.2L10 or earlier
[ScanSnap Organizer for Mac Update (V1.2L20)]
When installation is complete, install 2.
2. Version of ScanSnap Organizer for Mac is V1.2L20
[ScanSnap Organizer for Mac Update (V1.2L30)]
- Execute the downloaded “xxxx.dmg” to extract the installation package.
Execute the extracted "xxxxx.pkg". Select [Open] when the message "xxxxx is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" appears during installation.
- Confirm the version reads 1.2.30 with the method written at How to confirm if the update is successfully completed.
This completes the update. Refer to Readme.