NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
ScanSnap Manager for Mac Update (V6.3L60)
Note for ScanSnap Organizer for Mac users:
Be sure to update ScanSnap Organizer for Mac to a version compatible with macOS Sierra 10.12
in order to apply all the corrections fully.
Target Scanner Models
ScanSnap SV600 / iX500 / iX100 / S1300i / S1100i
Target Operating Systems
macOS Sierra 10.12
Modified the following errors:
- Some pages in the PDF files created on macOS Sierra are blank.
- PDF files created on macOS Sierra are broken when being linked with certain applications.
- Some pages are removed from the PDF files created on macOS Sierra or earlier OS when edited with ScanSnap Page Merger or Merge Pages of ScanSnap Organizer.
- Size of new PDF files created on macOS Sierra become larger than they should be.
- Files are not stored in Evernote on macOS Sierra.
- Blank pages are printed occasionally on macOS Sierra.
- If PDF files that were created at the time "Color mode" was set to "B&W", and exported to certain applications, some pages are displayed as blank pages on the preview screen of the associated application on macOS Sierra.
For the software update history, see Readme.
Use ScanSnap Online Update to install the update.
Try manual update if the Online Update does not work.
Download ScanSnap Online Update from the download webpage and install it if not already installed.
- Select [Applications] in the Finder sidebar > [ScanSnap Online Update] > [Online Update].
- The ScanSnap Online Update automatically checks the latest update.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the update.
- Confirm if the version of the ScanSnap Manager for Mac reads “Version 6.3L60”, referring to the descriptions in How to confirm if the update is successfully completed.
How to confirm if the update is successfully completed
Confirm that the installed/updated version of ScanSnap Manager for Mac is displayed on the version information.
To display the version information, press the ScanSnap icon in the Dock while pressing the Control button, and select [About ScanSnap Manager…] in the [Help] from the context menu. ScanSnap Manager Version should be 6.3L60 or higher.
- Log into Mac as a user with administrator privileges.
- Quit any other applications that are running on the computer. Do not perform scanning during update.
- When a certain version of ScanSnap Manager for Mac is installed, you will have to install earlier update files prior to the latest update. Confirm the version currently installed on the computer by the procedure written in How to confirm if the update is successfully completed to find necessary files.
The following describes the update file available for each version of ScanSnap Manager for Mac. Install the update files required for the version of your ScanSnap Manager for Mac.
1. For ScanSnap Manager for Mac V6.2L21 or earlier
[ScanSnap Manager for Mac Update (V6.2L22)]
When installation is complete, install 2.
2. For ScanSnap Manager for Mac between V6.2L22 and V6.3L40
[ScanSnap Manager for Mac Update (V6.3L41)]
When installation is complete, install 3.
3. Version of ScanSnap Manager for Mac is V6.3L41
[ScanSnap Manager for Mac Update (V6.3L50)]
When installation is complete, install 4.
4. Version of ScanSnap Manager for Mac is V6.3L50
[ScanSnap Manager for Mac Update (V6.3L60)]
- Execute the downloaded “xxxx.dmg” to extract the installation package.
Execute the extracted "xxxxx.pkg". Select [Open] when the message "xxxxx is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" appears during installation.
- Confirm the version reads "Version 6.3L60" with the method written at How to confirm if the update is successfully completed.
This completes the update. Refer to Readme.