"ScanSnap Home would like to access files" appears when running ScanSnap Home on macOS.
The message may appear on macOS 10.15 Catalina or later due to the security enhancement that has been carried out to the OS.
To use ScanSnap Home, click the [OK] button on the message to allow the application to access files.
When [Don't Allow] is selected, ScanSnap Home may show error messages.
In that case, open [System Preferences] on macOS, select [Files and Folders], and allow access.
Follow the steps below to grant ScanSnap Home to access the necessary files and folders.
- Open Apple menu () and select [System Preferences].
- Select [Security & Privacy].
- Select the [Privacy] tab.
- Select [Files and Folders] on the left list
- On the right pane, confirm if the checkboxes for the folders under ScanSnap Home.aap are checked.
Check the checkboxes to allow ScanSnap Home to access the folders.
- Click on upper left to close the [Security & Privacy] window.
ScanSnap iX1500 / iX100 / S1300i / S1100i / SV600 / iX500 / S1100