The message may appear on macOS 10.15 Catalina or later due to the security enhancement that has been carried out to the OS.
To use ScanSnap Home, click the [OK] button on the message to allow the application to access files.
When [Don’t Allow] is selected, ScanSnap Home may show error messages.
In that case, open [System Preferences] on macOS, select [Files and Folders], and allow access.
Follow the steps below to grant ScanSnap Home to access the necessary files and folders.
- Open Apple menu () and select [System Preferences].
- Select [Security & Privacy].
- Select the [Privacy] tab.
- Select [Files and Folders] on the left list
- On the right pane, confirm if the checkboxes for the folders under ScanSnap Home.aap are checked.
Check the checkboxes to allow ScanSnap Home to access the folders.
- Click on upper left to close the [Security & Privacy] window.