Is there anything that I should be aware of when using [Correct skewed character strings automatically] functions?
ScanSnap uses lines of text (character strings) contained in the image to correct any image that has been skewed up to a range of plus or minus 5 degrees. The fact that adjustments are based upon lines of text appearing in the image means that the skews in following types of documents may not be properly corrected.
- Documents in which spaces between characters/lines are very narrow, or characters are overlapping
- Documents with many outlined or decorated characters
- Documents containing many pictures/diagrams and very little text
- Documents with patterns in the background
- Documents in which not all text faces the same direction (e.g. drawings)
- Documents containing long diagonal lines
- Documents containing handwritten text
Remove the check from [Deskew by text on document] box when scanning the above documents.
If you scan the document by using ScanSnap Carrier Sheet, this setting will be disabled.
SV600 / iX500 / iX100 / S1100i / S1100 / S1300i / S1300 / S1500 / S1500M / S300 / S300M / S510 / S510M / S500 / S500M / fi-5110EOX2 / fi-5110EOX / fi-5110EOXM