About the end of provision of the Salesforce linkage function
Along with the Salesforce Platform API retirement on June 1, 2022, Salesforce linkage function is no longer available in the following affected software.
Please use alternative methods that follows.
Affected Software and Function Name
|1||ScanSnap Manager (for Windows®)||V7, V6, V5, V4||Scan to Salesforce Chatter
|2||ScanSnap Manager (for Mac)||V7|
|3||ScanSnap Organizer (for Windows®)||V5|
|4||CardMinder (for Windows®)||V5||Salesforce CRM
How Software Behaves After Salesforce Platform API Retirement
When [Scan to Salesforce Chatter] is used from ScanSnap Manager or ScanSnap Organizer, it fails with the error message of "The error was notified from Salesforce."
In that case, click the [OK] button to display the [Scan to Salesforce Chatter – Login] window, and then click the [Cancel] button to close [Scan to Salesforce Chatter].
When [Salesforce CRM] is used from CardMinder, it fails with the error message of "An unexpected error occurred."
In that case, click the [OK] button to display the [Login] window, and then click the [Cancel] button to close [Salesforce CRM].
- Store scanned files in any folder.
- Log into Salesforce in a web browser and select the [Chatter] tab.
- Select the [Share] button and select the clip icon at the bottom left.
- Select [Upload Files] from the [Select Files] screen.
Select any file you stored in the folder in step 1 and click the [Open] button.
- To select a file in ScanSnap Organizer, select a file from the save folder in ScanSnap Organizer.
- Select the [Share] button to post to Salesforce Chatter.
- In CardMinder, select the data you want to save to Salesforce CRM and select the [Output File] button on the [Home] tab.
- On the [Save Output File] screen, specify a file name of your choice, select [Unicode CSV file (*.csv)] as the file type, and then select the [Save] button to output as a CSV file.
- Log into Salesforce in a web browser, select the [Accounts] tab or the [Contacts] tab, and select [Import].
- On the [Import your Data into Salesforce] screen, select options as follows:
- Select [Accounts and Contacts] as the type of data you are importing.
- Select [What do you want to do?].
- Select [CSV].
- File: Select [Choose File] and specify the CSV file you output in step 2.
- Character Code: Select [Unicode (UTF16)].
- Values Separated By: Specify [Comma].
- Select the [Next] button.
- Specify which Salesforce field to map to the CSV header on the [Edit Field Mapping:
Accounts and Contacts] screen.
- Select the link in the [Edit] column of the mapping table, select the corresponding item, and select the [Map] button.
- Do the same for other items.
- When the mapping is complete, select the [Next] button.
- Review the import information on the [Review & Start Import] screen and select the [Start Import] button.
- When prompted, select the [OK] button to complete.
When the import is complete, you will be notified of the result by email.