When I sync documents scanned in "Excellent mode" and other large data files with an application on my mobile Apple device, the application fails to open.
When an application such as iBooks, SideBooks and Bookman processes a data file that is too large, it may encounter an error due to insufficient memory and quit unexpectedly. A warning message appears when you sync a large file that may cause this issue with the application. In that case, please do not proceed to sync the file. If by chance you do, delete the data from the application.
For information on how to delete the problematic data, please contact the software manufacturer directly.
The following shows how to do this with iBooks.
- If you can launch iBooks and the data list (bookshelf) displays: Delete the problematic file from the data list.
- If you cannot launch iBooks:
- Sync the mobile device to your computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Under "Devices" in the left panel, click on the name of the mobile device.
- Click the [Books] tab in the iTunes playlist area.
- Make sure there is a check next to "SyncBooks" and click the "Sync" button.
- Under the mobile device name in the left panel, click [Books].
- Select and delete the file causing the problem from playlist area.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 until you remove all the problematic files.
SV600 / iX500 / iX100 / S1100i / S1100 / S1300i / S1300 / S1500 / S1500M