Make sure the computer is powered on, the USB cable is properly connected, and a folder in the computer is specified for the save destination of the selected profile.
If the button is still in gray, please try the following steps to establish the connection:
- Restart your ScanSnap.
Turn off your ScanSnap, wait at least 5 seconds and then turn it on again.
If the button status is not changed, unplug the USB cable from the computer or your ScanSnap, wait for 5 seconds, and then reconnect the USB cable.
- Connect the USB cable directly.
If your ScanSnap is connected via a USB hub, try connecting your ScanSnap directly to the computer via the USB cable.
- Turn-off antivirus software.
Turn-off antivirus software and try again.
- Use another USB port.
Try with another USB port if any.
- Use another USB cable.
Try with another USB cable if any.
- Disconnect other USB devices.
Disconnect any other USB devices (printer/scanner/external hard disk and the like) and try again.
- Try Recover command.
Connect your ScanSnap to a computer and follow the steps below with ScanSnap Home.
- Select [Settings] -> [Preferences] menu.
- Select [Scanner] tab in the left side of window.
- Select the connected scanner name and press the [Recover] button.
- Full shutdown Windows®. (Windows® 10 only)
Click on [Shut down] while hold the Shift key on keyboard to shut down the computer.
- Delete the device driver.
Follow the steps below to delete the device driver:
- Connect your ScanSnap to the computer, and turn on your ScanSnap.
- Open the Device Manager window.
For Windows® 10 Right-click the [Start] menu, and select [Device Manager]. For Windows® 8.1 Select the Down Arrow icon on the lower left side of the Start screen -->
[Control Panel] under [Windows System] --> [Hardware and Sound] -->
For Windows® 7 Select [Start] menu --> [Control Panel] --> [Hardware and Sound] -->
- In Device Manager right-click [Imaging device] --> [ScanSnap iX1500] or
[Imaging device] --> [Other devices] --> [ScanSnap iX1500] --> [Uninstall].
If the ScanSnap has ever been connected to other USB ports, connect it to each of those ports and repeat these steps.
- Turn off your ScanSnap.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Restart the computer.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the computer.
- Reinstall ScanSnap Home.
Uninstall and install ScanSnap Home again.
If the issue persists after attempting all the procedures above, please collect system information on the computer and send the data to a FUJITSU scanner dealer or an authorized FUJITSU scanner service provider by e-mail. To collect system information, select Help -> Collect log menu and press the [OK] button, and it creates a folder (Date and time) that contains the system information data. We would appreciate it if you could send the data in zip format.