Can I directly scan from a mobile device?
Yes, you can directly scan and save image data to mobile devices such as smart phones or tablet devices through the wireless network.
- A computer is required in order to initialize ScanSnap iX500.
- A wireless access point and router (sold separately) that can connect both ScanSnap iX500 and a mobile device are required.
Depending on wireless access point and routers, there may be cases where both ScanSnap iX500 and a mobile device cannot be connected, or cannot be configured in the initial setting for wireless communication. As a common example, a privacy separator function of a wireless access point and a router has been enabled.
- Wireless access point/router where the privacy separator cannot be disabled. Resolution:
Prepare a wireless access point/router that can disable the privacy separator function
- Wireless access point/router where a default value of the privacy separator has been enabled.
Disable the privacy separator function in the wireless setting of the wireless access point/router.
- ScanSnap Connect Application needs to be installed to a connecting mobile device.
- Only one mobile device can be connected to ScanSnap iX500.