Is there any precaution about the paper to scan?
There are the following precautions.
- It is recommended to use ScanSnap Carrier Sheet when you scan the documents that have been written in pencil since it may leave black traces on the documents. In case that you scan the document without using ScanSnap Carrier Sheet, it is advised that you clean the rollers as often as possible since scanning such documents cause roller contamination and feeding problems.
- Cautions before use
- Do not scan documents with paper clips and/or staples attached to them. (Remove clips and staples to scan these documents)
- Do not scan documents written or printed in wet ink. (wait until the ink is dry)
- Do not scan documents exceeding legal size (8.5 in. x 34 in.)
- Do not scan non-paper material such as cloth, metal sheets, and OHP sheets.
- A curled plastic card may not be fed properly.
- Clean a plastic card surface if oil (finger oil) has been adhered to the plastic card.
- Insert the plastic card at a right angle to ScanSnap feeder. The plastic card cannot be fed properly if the card is inserted at a skewed angle.
- Scanning a glossy surface plastic card may cause either a blight or dark portion on the image data. E.g. Gold credit card
- A plastic card with emboss finish can be scanned finely by setting the card horizontally.
- In case a background color of a card is closed to a color of embossed characters (No silver or gold colors have been printed in emboss), ScanSnap may not recognize such characters. If that is the case, click the [Scanning] Tab of [Settings], and then click the [Options] button. Select [Increase text contrast] under [Scanning mode option] window to improve it.
- When you scan a postcard with a photo on it, the surface of the photo may get damaged. Please scan your own risk with this and like paper media.
- ScanSnap may not be able to scan the following documents or it may damage them.
- Documents that are smaller than 50.8 mm(width) x 50.8 mm(length)
- Documents that are thinner than 40 g/m2 (10.7lb)
- Documents of non-uniform thickness (e.g. envelopes, cut-up papers, etc.)
- Wrinkled or curled documents
- Folded or torn documents
- Tracing paper
- Glossy paper
- Photographs (printing paper)
- Perforated documents
- Non-square/non-rectangular documents
- Documents of non-uniform widths
- Carbonless paper
- Thermal papers/carbon paper
- Carbonless paper may contain chemicals that can damage the pad assembly or rollers. (such as pick roller unit) ScanSnap. For best use of your ScanSnap, when scanning carbonless paper, note the following.
- It is recommended to scan with a ScanSnap Carrier Sheet
- Multiple sheets of carbonless paper can be directly scanned. However, to preserve the efficiency of the scanner, make sure to clean it regularly. According to the type of carbonless paper, the life span of the scanner may become shorter when compared to scanners used to scan only general office paper.
iX500 / iX100 / S1100i / S1100 / S1300i / S1300 / S1500 / S1500M / S300 / S300M / S510 / S510M / S500 / S500M / fi-5110EOX2 / fi-5110EOX / fi-5110EOXM