What settings are needed to start a scan from the Scan button on the scanner?
Settings on Windows® OS
- Log on to the computer as a user with administrator privileges.
If the scanner driver is not installed yet, install the driver first.
- Check that the scanner and the computer are connected. Power on the scanner.
- From the [Start] menu on Windows®, select [Control Panel] -> [Devices and printers]
- Right click the scanner icon and select [Scan properties]
On the properties window of the scanner, select the [Event] tab, and set the following items.
- Select an event: Select a button to assign.
- Start this program: Select an application to run when the assigned button is pressed.
The following is an example of the settings to start up PaperStream Capture when the Scan Button is pressed.
- Click [OK] to save the settings.
Settings on the application side
To check whether the application you are using can be started by a button, refer to the User's Guide of your application.
The following is a setting procedure for PaperStream Capture (Pro). PaperStream Capture must be installed beforehand.
- From the Windows® [Start] menu, select [PaperStream Capture] -> [Administrator Tool].
- Select the [Usability] tab, and for each button displayed in Event, select the name of the scanning profile to scan with when the button is pressed.
- Click the [Save] button to save the settings and exit the Administrator Tool.
- Press the button on the operation panel of the scanner to confirm that scanning is started.