Replacing the Print Cartridge
Replace the print cartridge in the following procedure.
(1) Replacing the Print Cartridge
- Turn off the scanner.
- Open the print cartridge cover.
- Squeeze both ends of the print cartridge holder to release the print cartridge holder lock and lift it open.
- Remove the print cartridge.
- Remove the protective tape from a new print cartridge.
|Do not touch the metal part of the cartridge nor put the protective tape back on.
- Insert the print cartridge with its tab to the right.
- To install the print cartridge, gently lower the print cartridge holder until it is locked.
- Position the print cartridge along where the document will pass through.
|Note that when printing on the edge of the document, the print cartridge may print outside the document depending on its print position.
- Close the print cartridge cover.
- Turn on the scanner.
(2) Resetting the Ink Counter
- Confirm that the scanner is connected to the computer, then turn on the scanner.
- Open the [Software Operation Panel] window.
- Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008/Windows 7
Select [Start] menu → [All Programs] → [fi Series] → [Software Operation Panel].
- Windows Server 2012/Windows 8
Right-click the Start screen, and select [All apps] on the app bar → [fi Series] → [Software Operation Panel].
- Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows 8.1
Select [↓] on the lower left side of the Start screen → [Software Operation Panel] under [fi Series].
To display [↓], move the mouse cursor.
- From the listing on the left, select [Device Setting].
- Click the [Clear] button for the remaining ink.
→ The counter is set to "100".
- Click the [OK] button on the [Software Operation Panel] dialog box.
→ A message appears.
- Click the [OK] button.
→ The settings are saved.