Translation quality relies on the strength of the dictionaries and the translation engine. In ATLAS V13, we have enhanced the translation quality by making substantial improvements in the Standard Dictionary, in the Technical Dictionaries, and in the grammar for the translation engine.
Improved translation quality
- 200 thousand new words have been added to the Standard Dictionary to increase the total to 2,860,000 words (1,430,000 for EJ and 1,430,000 for JE.)
- The main strength of the ATLAS series, the translation engine, has been further improved, and is now the "Titles" grammar has been added to configurable Translation Styles, which allows you to translate English into Japanese suitable for titles, not a sentence.
- The priorities of words that appear as translation candidates have been reviewed.
- 130,000 new words added for the Technical Dictionaries to increase the total to 5,570,000 words .
New Features and improved usability
The following is a list of features that were introduced when the ATLAS V14 was released. Later Update Pack have been released for later versions of Windows and applications. Please refer to the System Requirements for details.
- ATLAS supports Windows Vista in addition to Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
- Web Translation has become available to translate web pages on Internet Explorer 7 as well as Internet Explorer 6.
- For 2007 Microsoft Office system, Word/Excel/PowerPoint translations are available. ATLAS supports the ribbon interface function, increasing translation efficiency for Microsoft Office documents.
- ATLAS supports Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader 8 in addition to previous versions for PDF file translation.
- Mail translation is available with newly added following mailers:
Windows Mail 6
Eudora 7J, 7J rev1.0, 7J rev2.0
Lotus Notes R7.0.2, R7.0, R6.5-R6.5.4