AuthConductor™ Client Basic
AuthConductor™ Client Basic is Fujitsu’s new authentication software that increases the security of client computers by replacing password authentication with biometric authentication. This does not only prevent weak passwords but also saves support time and costs for password resets.
AuthConductor™ Client Basic for Fujitsu PCs allows you:
- to log in to your Windows system via PalmSecure™ using your unique palm vein patterns, fingerprint or smartcard
- to use biometrical and smartcard authentication or single-sign-on for desktop and even web applications
- to back up your biometrical data and transfer it to another system in case of changing the device,
- to get every action logged in Windows and
- to benefit from biometric authentication in the pre-boot phase – the pre-boot authentication can optionally be forwarded to Windows and boots directly to the desktop.
|Workplace Protect||AuthConductor™ Client Basic|
|Single-Sign-On||For web apps||Much improved for web apps and desktop apps|
|User Interface||Created for users that know already PalmSecure™||Created for users that are new to PalmSecure™
|Input & Usage||Optimized only for mouse and keyboard usage||Redesigned to better support touch input|
|Windows Event Logs||✘||✔|
|Backup & Restore||✘||✔|
At a Glance
AuthConductor™ Client Basic offers you the following features:
Workplace Protect was Fujitsu’s previous authentication software that will go End of Life in June 2020. The successor is AuthConductor™ Client.
You can still download and use Workplace Protect V1.34 from July 2020. Please note that this latest release is for fans of the WPP series and comes with no support. Due to third party licensing we had to remove the face recognition feature from WPP. There’s no new features or bug fixes in V1.34.