Global shipments of FUJITSU Image Scanners Have Passed the 10 Million Mark!
PFU is proud to announce that as of July 2017, global shipments of its FUJITSU image scanners have passed the 10 million mark*1. PFU released its first image scanner, the U4301A flatbed scanner, back in 1983*2. Since then, PFU has continued to face customers’ needs one by one as well as expand its “fi Series”*3 scanner lineup with the addition of ADF*4 equipped models and high speed image scanners. Its original software bundled with the fi Series has also facilitated customer operation efficiency by taking user operations before and after scanning into consideration as well as offering optimal image data with its simple interface. The “ScanSnap Series” enabling “One Touch” scanning and digitization released in 2001, then proceeded to open up a new era with PFU’s release of the Wi-Fi*5 compatible iX Series and overhead scanning SV600. PFU has in this way, continued to evolve along with the diffusion of the Internet and technological developments in society as well as customer lifestyles.
34 years since PFU sold its first image scanner, not only has its image scanners been used in offices and homes in over 100 countries worldwide, but its fi Series has also received much acclaim to achieve Number 1 in the global scanner market share.*6
We would like to utilize this opportunity to express our sincerest gratitude not only to our customers but to all those that have been involved with our scanners. Our scanners have been able to keep evolving thanks to all our partners and customers that have continued to walk beside us. The 10 million scanner benchmark is a mere checkpoint for PFU and we will persist to facilitate our customers’ lifestyles through consecutive technological innovation and investigation of customer needs.
1. Total number encompasses image scanners shipped from PFU. Includes scanners designed, developed, and manufactured by PFU since 1983 (counted by PFU).
2. Released back when PFU still operated under the name of USAC Electronic Industrial Co., Ltd.
3. The FUJITSU "fi Series" consists of image scanners for professional use and is globally marketed by PFU LIMITED, Fujitsu, and Fujitsu Group Companies.
4. ADF is the abbreviation for “Automatic Document Feeder”.
5. Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, and the Wi-Fi Protected Setup logo are trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance.
6. Source: The above data is the market share of image scanners. Market share data for Japan and North America is based on 2015 statistics for 6 image scanner segments with the exception of Mobile/Micro scanners (mainly image scanners with a speed of more than 8ppm included) and is collected by KEYPOINT INTELLIGENCE (InfoTrends). Market share data for Europe is based on 2015 statistics of image scanners with a speed of over 15ppm and a price higher than $500 and is collected by InfoSource for Western Europe (including Turkey and Greece).
History of Our 10 Million Scanners
How our scanners have pioneered its times to create a new era one step at a time.
Our Scanner Story
Our product quality and technological strength that has enabled us to achieve 1st place in global market share as well as sell over 10 million scanners stems from a definite foundation. This foundation is multi-faceted and includes an amalgamation of cultivation in fields of engineering, manufacturing, and quality assurance. Delving into our compelling roots and venturing closer may cast a different light on how our products have and continue to enhance each and every customer’s lifestyle.