Download Full Case Study PDF
Royal London Group
Transforming a critical legacy platform
Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK, with assets under management of £148bn, 8.8m policies in force and 4,412 employees. Figures quoted are as at 31 December 2020.
When Royal London Group’s critical Fujitsu VME platform faced end of life, the company had to migrate millions of policies hosted on it. Royal London Group chose Fujitsu’s MVE and needed to ensure a seamless and risk-free migration.
- Fujitsu used discovery tooling to explore and map a range of applications, some of which were 30 years old
- It built a new MVE platform in parallel and migrated the policies
- MVE is a more supportable environment for its customers, providing a reliable pathway for the future
- Opportunity to cross-platform solutions in other business areas
- Pay-as-you-go model increases financial flexibility