Digital Annealer reduces traveling distance and time to gather parts in the warehouse at Fujitsu IT Product Factory
"As part of our production improvement research, we discovered Digital Annealer and its strength in solving combinatorial optimization problems."
Boosting manufacturing efficiency with Digital Annealer
Fujitsu is a leading global technology company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 132,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries, using their experience and the power of IT to shape the future of society.
For Fujitsu employees, gathering parts at its manufacturing facilities could be a long and frustrating task. Inefficient shelving and vast amounts of components made it time-consuming to find the right parts. Fujitsu wanted to make the process simpler and more efficient.
FUJITSU Digital Annealer uses a digital circuit design inspired by quantum phenomena, a new technology that can solve complex combinatorial optimization problems, to display maps on tablets for the shortest route, making it easy for workers to collect parts.
- Dramatic reduction in time to gather parts
- Visual interface easily understood
- Entire solution designed and deployed in a matter of months
- Better understanding of workflow means that parts can be placed close to where they are most often needed
- Employees no longer need vast experience to gather parts