GTM-MQNC2Z4
Skip to main content
  1. Home >
  2. About Fujitsu >
  3. Resource Center >
  4. Case Studies >
  5. ROS and SAP System Solution based on PRIMERGY server and ETERNUS Storage

ROS and SAP System Solution based on PRIMERGY server and ETERNUS Storage

"Through Fujitsu’s excellent infrastructure solutions, we provided our ROS production and SAP systems with high performing, highly available infrastructure, ensuring the efficient and stable operation of our systems."

Shao Xiaobing IT Office Chief Jiangsu Oji Paper Co., Ltd.

Considering the construction of an ROS and SAP system for Oji Paper, Fujitsu offered a solution based on FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY and FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS.

Customer

Jiangsu Oji Paper Company Limited is a joint venture between Japan’s Oji Holdings and Nantong Economic and Technological Development Zone Corporation, a key member of the Jiangsu Oji Project. This project was Japan’s largest industrial investment in China, and the largest overseas investment project of the Oji Paper Group. The project saw a total investment of US$1.954 billion, with a registered capital of US$911 million. From this number, Oji Holdings invested 90% of the registered capital, and Nantong Economic and Technological Development Zone accounted for the remaining 10%.

Challenge

  • Physical machine scalability and agility was insufficient and the system was unable to meet the need for the flexible expansion of data processing and storage capacity. 
  • If the server and storage experienced a single failure point or data loss, the entire production line could cease operation, thereby causing significant economic losses.

Solution

For ROS production systems, Fujitsu provided Oji Paper with two FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY BX400, as well as one FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS DX200 S3. In the SAP system, two FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY BX400 were deployed, along with one FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS DX200 S3. These were deployed on the lower layers of the system by virtual means.

Benefit

  • Introduced flexible scalability, meeting the needs for the next five years of business development
  • Significantly reduced IT costs and protected IT investment
  • Significantly increased the ROS production and SAP system’s sustainable operation capacity
  • Significantly improved business processing speed

Services & Products

Corporate Information

Country Selector

Global

Change

World Map