Fujitsu Backup as a Service
Safeguard your data with a highly flexible, fast and efficient cloud-based backup and recovery service your business can rely on.
Fujitsu Backup as a Service (BaaS) provides a fail proof, cloud-based backup and recovery service. Fujitsu Backup as a Service supports full system recovery, providing much more than folder and file backup and recovery. Delivered from FUJITSU Cloud, it offers the levels of speed, convenience and reliability demanded by organizations today.
Available on-demand and via an intuitive self-service interface, it leverages your existing infrastructure (including network and internet access) and empowers your business with the centralized control to:
- Monitor and manage your backups
- Store and optimize backup data
- Enable rapid and effective recovery
Fujitsu Backup as a Service can help:
- Secure your data - with the highest levels of protection using industry standard and FIPS compliant encryption for all data, both in transit and at rest. Data is only accessible by authorized end-users within your business using a pre-set encryption key.
- Reduce backup times - the service takes advantage of industry leading EVault software to ensure the most efficient use of your bandwidth – adjusting the compression rates dynamically.
- Optimize your storage footprint - the entire dataset is captured on the first backup - with only changed blocks of data captured on subsequent backup, reducing the size of each backup by up to 98%.
- Reduce management complexity - with an intuitive self-service interface that makes it easy to configure backup schedules, select retention periods, view job progress and alerts – and perform restores.
- Gain greater flexibility - by taking advantage of a monthly subscription service that can be scaled as your data grows, reducing your capital expenditure and total cost of ownership.
Backup as a Service is the ideal backup solution for organizations looking for a smarter way to protect their data.
FUJITSU Backup as a Service Appliance
FUJITSU Backup as a Service Appliance enhances Fujitsu Backup as a Service and combines the best of disk-to-disk and cloud-based services. Fujitsu Backup as a Service Appliance is an all-in-one solution. It couples the benefits of fast local access to backed-up data with disaster protection via secure cloud-based backup and recovery.
Fujitsu Backup as a Service Appliance combines pre-configured hardware, storage and software, enabling local backup and recovery to be implemented quickly, while at the same time leveraging the power of the FUJITSU Cloud Platform.
Additional benefits of Fujitsu Backup as a Service Appliance:
- Fast, resilient data protection with highly efficient use of network bandwidth, minimum storage footprint and recovery at LAN speed
- Leverages the global capabilities of Fujitsu Cloud to deliver automated, continuous cloud replication that reduces costs and resources
- End-to-end security with front-end, over the wire and at rest encryption for local and cloud-based vaults
Why Backup as a Service from Fujitsu?
Backup as a Service and Backup as a Service Appliance build on Fujitsu’s breadth and depth of expertise - and more than 30 years of experience in the delivery of backup and recovery services across the globe. Today we manage over 250,000 servers and 196 Petabytes of data for our clients worldwide.
Backup as a Service Appliance enhances the functionality of Backup as a Service with local vaults to enable shortest possible recovery times and to allow configurations to provide simple backup and recovery for multiple remote or branch office locations and to consolidate all backups to a central data center.
- Benefit from a single, globally accessible self-service portal, available in English, French, Spanish & German languages.
- Gain access to the expertise and support you need to maximize the value of Backup as a Service and Backup as a Service Appliance to your business with our 24x7 Service Desk.
- FUJITSU Backup as a Service: Leverage leading edge storage and virtualization technologies, including best-of-breed cloud-connected software from Seagate EVault - without the capital expenditure.
- FUJITSU Backup as a Service Appliance: Packaged solution with pre-assembled hardware, pre-configured storage and pre-installed software, designed for swift deployment.
- Offers the highest levels of performance and redundancy, delivering hosted and managed vaults via IaaS Trusted Public S5 - with replication to an alternate vault in the next closest region to ensure geographically dispersed backup locations and local vaults to support a broad range of configurations that satisfy highest Recovery Time Objectives.
- Can be used to support your migration from traditional hosting or other cloud hosting to the Fujitsu Cloud.