NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
Dual port 10 Gbit/s Ethernet Mezzanine Card
Most flexible and scalable Ethernet Mezzanine card for today's demanding datacenter environment - accelerating PRIMERGY BX900 server blades' LAN traffic and the herein running mission-critical applications. Just in virtualized environments with a growing number of VMs per physical server, this controller combines provision of unmatched features and reliable performance.
Features & Benefits
|Features ||Benefits |
|Top LAN performance for Local Area Networks|
- Intel® 82599 10 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Industry-leading, energy-efficient design for next-generation 10 Gigabit performance and multi-core processors saves cost, power and complexity
|Multi-core CPU acceleration|
- Load balancing on multi-core processors through Intelligent Queue Support
- Increases performance on multi-processor systems by efficiently balancing network loads across CPU cores when used with Receive-Side Scaling (RSS) from Microsoft or Scalable I/O on Linux
|Virtualization at its best|
- Intel® VT-c with VMDq and VMDc (SR-IOV + VM Mobility) greatly disburdens the Hypervisors of supporting virtualization operating systems from CPU intensive workloads; SR-IOV provides up to 64 direct connections (Virtual Functions) between one LAN port and the Virtual Machines of a server blade
- Enhanced data throughput of virtual machines and eased migration of VMs
|Controller Silicon||Intel® 82599 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
|Bus transfer rate||5GT/s