Dual Port 10 Gbit/s CNA Mezzanine Card V2
As member of the Emulex OneConnect Universal Converged Network Adapter (UCNA) family, the MC-CNA112E mezzanine card (Emulex OCe11102) adapter supports a common infrastructure for networking and storage, reducing capital expense (CapEx) for adapters, switches and cables, and operational expense (OpEx) for power, cooling and IT administration.
Features & Benefits
|Features ||Benefits |
|One platform for every network connection|
- Optimized network and storage connectivity with high-performance FCoE offload and iSCSI offload.
- Superior network support with TCIP/IP and TCP Chimney offloads.
- Single 10GbE adapter can replace Host Bus Adapter (HBA) and multiple 1GbE Network Interface Cards (NICs).
- Easy to deploy and manage with the Emulex OneCommand Manager application or with ServerView Virtual I/O Manager.
- Each NIC function is presented to the operating system or hypervisor as a physical port with a separate MAC address and user-assigned bandwidth. This enables a single adapter port to provide specialized NIC functions for different uses, such as payload traffic, guest migration and console management.
- OneConnect Ethernet adapters present four NIC functions per port. OneConnect iSCSI and FCoE adapters present one iSCSI or FCoE function plus three NIC functions per port.
- OneConnect Universal Multi-Channel (UMC) allows multiple PCI functions to be created on each adapter port.
- Transmission of storage and network traffic over a converged lossless network based on IEEE Data Center Bridging (DCB) standards.
- Network convergence delivers significant cost savings by eliminating separate infrastructures for storage and networking and supporting bandwidth allocation to optimize throughput.
|Greener data centers|
- Industry-leading performance and scalability per watt, reducing requirements for power and cooling.
- Protocol offload enables efficient use of computing resources, supports more VMs per CPU, and reduces the number of
- servers required to support data center demands.
|Controller Silicon||BladeEngine 3 (BE3)
|Bus transfer rate||8GT/s
|Standards||- ANSI INCITS T11 FC-BB-5 2.0, FC-PI-2, FC-GS-4, FC-TAPE, and FCP-3
- PCI Express base spec 2.0, PCI Bus Power Management Interface, rev. 1.2, Advanced Error Reporting (AER)
- IEEE 802.3ae (10GBASE Ethernet Ports)
- IEEE 802.1q (Virtual LANs)
- IEEE 802.3ad (Link Aggregation)
- IEEE 802.3x (Flow Control)
- IEEE 802.1p (Quality/Class of Service)
- IEEE 802.1Qaz (Enhanced Transmission Selection)
- IEEE 802.1Qaz (Data Center Bridging Capabilities Exchange)
- IEEE 802.1Qbb (Priority-based Flow Control)
- IEEE 802.1ab (Link Layer Discovery Protocol)