Packaging Stress Analysis
Analyses that leverage our expertise in substrate manufacturing as well as Fujitsu Group’s experience in electronics manufacturing.
The heat generated at the time of component packaging causes substrate warpage and gives stress on the component joints, decreasing packaging yield and product reliability. Analyzing such problems in packaging in a way consistent with customer's point of view, we propose optimal packaging design by suggesting packaging location and stress improvement countermeasure best suited to each customer.
Performing simulations in the early stages of the development phase will greatly reduce the number of verifications for prototypes, resulting in the reduction of cost and time during the development process.
- Fully utilize the extensive experience and performance of our company and Fujitsu Group combined
- Provide non-linear analysis and coupled analysis that take into account the temperature dependency of various material physical property value
- Accommodate highly precise analysis, providing large-scale analysis by mesh refinement
- Perform qualitative and quantitative verifications based on visualization and quantification of stress/strain distributions
- Perform highly precise life prediction by matching simulation and actual devices
- Perform modeling in collaboration with a variety of 3D tools（Pro/E, VPS, step, iges, inp, etc.）
Type of Analysis
- Stress and thermal stress analysis
- Warpage behavior simulation
- SMT board level reliability analysis
- Dynamic shock analysis
- Structural strength analysis
- Vibration analysis
- Modeling service for simulation
※1 ABAQUS is a trademark of Dassault Systemes.
※2 LS-DYNA is a trademark of Livermore Software Technology Corporation
1. Case Example : Stress Analysis by Heat/Structure Interaction
Evaluate lifetime by calculating lifetime test acceleration factor based on plastic strain analysis of solder bump.
Temperature distribution analysis
Zooming analysis Thermal cycle test
Power cycle (Actual Performance)
2. Case Example: Warpage Behavior Analysis of PWBs
Propose optimal pattern design to reduce connection failure resulting from warpage by analyzing substrate warpage behavior caused by the heat at the time of component mounting.
At reflow temperature （B-C）
At room temperature (A)
3. Case Example: Dropping Impact Analysis
Distortion distribution of assembled printed circuit board under dropping impact will be refined analyzed.
Evaluation of proof stress through dropping impact will provide from these impact strain simulation.
Distortion distribution of assembled printed circuit board, especially, precise analysis of neighborhood of IC package
Strain behavior of dropping impact with millisecond time at neighborhood of IC package