NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 |
- 9 December 2008
- Fujitsu (CARIBBEAN) Receives CAIB’s Prestigious Diamond Award
- Kingston, December 9, 2008– Fujitsu (CARIBBEAN) was the proud recipient of the “Diamond Award” from the Caribbean Association of Indigenous Banks (CAIB) at its annual conference held recently in Bridgetown, Barbados. This award recognizes organizations that have through their activities made significant contributions to the banking industry in the Caribbean Region.
- 28 October 2008
- Fujitsu and Sun Unveil New Entry-level Server Powered by the SPARC64 Ⅶ Processor and the Solaris OS
- October 28, 2008– Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) and Sun Microsystems, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAVA) today expanded their SPARC Enterprise® server family by adding the entry-level SPARC Enterprise M3000 server, powered by a single quad-core SPARC64™ Ⅶ processor and the Solaris™ 10 Operating System (OS). The SPARC Enterprise M3000 server inherits the mission-critical features of the SPARC64-based SPARC Enterprise server family, delivering mainframe-class reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) in an ultra-dense open system at an entry-level price. The new systems are ideal platforms for single-threaded enterprise applications including databases, BIDW, ERP and CRM.
- 24 September 2008
- Fujitsu Launches "Global Infrastructure Services"
- September 24, 2008– The Fujitsu Group today announced the launch of a new menu of IT outsourcing services, Global Infrastructure Services, with five categories of offerings designed to raise the efficiency and competitiveness of customers' international business operations. The services will be rolled out in stages on a worldwide basis in the second half of the fiscal year under a new customer management structure.
- 28 August 2008
- Fujitsu (Caribbean) Introduces iSense Service
- Port-of-Spain, August 28, 2008– Fujitsu (Caribbean) today unveiled iSense, a new Service designed to help small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) simplify network maintenance through regular, proactive network assessments, remote software repairs and technical support. Based upon a collaborative approach to delivering services, Fujitsu iSense combines the complementary strengths of Cisco and Fujitsu Services to proactively verify that a customer's network is secure, reliable and functioning optimally at all times. This collaborative service was introduced to Trinidad business and IT executives at an exclusive Breakfast launch held at the Mariott Hotel.
- 5 August 2008
- FUJITSU/TSTT signs multimillion dollar contract with Trinidad Government
- Port-of-Spain, August 5, 2008– The technological gap for getting Trinidad and Tobago to developed nation status will close considerably upon successful completion of a multi-million dollar government contract awarded jointly to FUJITSU TRANSACTION SOLUTIONS (TRINIDAD) LIMITED and Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT). The contract is for Fujitsu and TSTT to embed state of the art data management tools on an ultra high-speed communications network serving Ministries and state agencies and facilitating unprecedented public access to online government services.
- 14 July 2008
- MEDIA ALERT: Sun Microsystems and Fujitsu Unveil Next-Generation SPARC Enterprise Servers
- SUNNYVALE, CA -- (MARKET WIRE), July 14, 2008– Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ: JAVA) and Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) today announced an enhanced line of Fujitsu and Sun SPARC(R) Enterprise servers -- M4000, M5000, M8000 and M9000 -- that delivers a highly scalable, enterprise-class virtualization and consolidation platform with up to 80 percent better performance on commercial applications and 2x better performance on HPC workloads and 44 percent less energy per core.
- 31 January 2008
- Fujitsu (Caribbean) Unveils Hosted Email Service
- Caribbean, January 31, 2008– Fujitsu® introduced its new Hosted Email Service as a part of its Managed Communications & Collaboration portfolio. This service is delivered using the industry leading Microsoft Exchange platform that provides organizations the full functionality of the Microsoft Exchange/Outlook email without the cost, risk and headache associated with the management and support of their own internal exchange infrastructure. This service also provides full email protection with enhanced anti-virus, enhanced anti-spam, encryption and fully compliant email archiving as well as full mobility support for Blackberries, Active Sync and GoodLink. Widely adopted in North America, this service is now the preferred method by most organizations for delivery of email functionality to their organization as they recognize the importance and costliness of designing and managing their own highly available and reliable email infrastructure.
- 10 January 2008
- Fujitsu Announces TeamPoS 3000 XL2 POS Systems
- FRISCO, Texas , January 10, 2008– Fujitsu Transaction Solutions Inc. today introduced the TeamPoS 3000 XL2 featuring Intel® mobile dual-core processor technology. The newest member of its point-of-sale (POS) product family, TeamPoS 3000 XL2, provides powerful performance and energy efficiency to today’s demanding Pervasive RetailingTM environments. TeamPoS 3000 XL2 will be available for demonstration at the National Retail Federation 97th Annual Convention and Expo, Jan. 14-15, 2008 at the Jacob K. Javits Center, Booth #1613.
- 6 January 2008
- Fujitsu Announces World's Smallest Convertible Notebook With Fastest Wireless Data Connection in North America
- LAS VEGAS, NV , January 6, 2008– Digital Experience and 2008 International CES -- Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation today announced that the LifeBook(R) U810 mini and the ultra-portable LifeBook T2010 convertible notebooks will be the first systems to offer an embedded cellular modem certified to access AT&T's BroadbandConnect High-Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) network delivering the highest speed data wireless GSM WAN connection available in North America. The 1.56 pound LifeBook U810 mini, the world's smallest convertible notebook* with a 5.6 inch LED back-lit touch screen display, and the 3.5 pound LifeBook T2010 convertible notebook with a 12.1 inch LED back-lit display both available with HSUPA wireless WAN in March, will be shown for the first time at Digital Experience, then on display at 2008 International CES in Fujitsu Booth #13244 in the Las Vegas Convention Center Central Hall.