Download Full Case Study PDF
Faster performance, improved reliability, simple scalability
Based in the UK, Laltex Group has been in business for over 50 years providing a range of over 7,000 product lines, including small domestic appliances, lighting, personal care, fashion accessories, clothing, nightwear, footwear, umbrellas, promotional items, bags, conference folders and bespoke promotional merchandise.
Laltex wanted to replace its aging storage system and outdated thin clients with a new infrastructure that could support its ongoing growth. However, with only two IT staff, the new system had to be simple to manage.
Working with local IT specialist Central Networks, Laltex deployed FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS AF250 with PRIMERGY RX2540 servers to support 120 users.
- Virtual machines can be cloned in minutes, not hours
- Key tasks can be completed up to 75 per cent faster
- Fujitsu ETERNUS AF250 outperforms the old system by approximately twenty times while latency has reduced from 200ms to 5ms
- Optimal reliability means no hardware issues in year one
- Simple management reduces burden on small IT team