Distributes the work across BS2000 system resources for various categories and tasks according to user requirements.
Current version: V3.1 and V3.2
PCS distributes the work performed by the resources of a computer system amongst the various categories and tasks in accordance with user requirements (e.g. response time / throughput optimization).
This makes for:
- efficient use of the configuration, even when the load is complex and varying,
- automatic recognition of situations in which the operating behavior deviates from predefined criteria,
- automatic initiation of measures to keep the operating behavior at its optimum.
- Categorizing of loads (up to 16), according to their characteristics.
- Allocation of resources for:
- service categories according to the system administrator's specifications,
- graduated handling of categories in concurrent situations,
- preferential task treatment in categories based on information priority.
Influencing the response time behavior by specifying dilation factors.
Transparency for the system administrator via SHOW command information on current service allocation and parameter sets used.