United Arab Emirates
Fujitsu today announces its PRIMERGY RX200 S6 rack server holds pole position in VMware’s new VMmark V2.0 industry benchmark, which is now extended to measure servers on both performance and scalability for applications running in virtualized environments in a multi-host virtual environment. In a separate benchmark, PRIMERGY RX rack servers have retained all three top slots in TPC-E price-performance tests for more than two months, making Fujitsu the first vendor to sustain triple top results in two and a half years.
Such strong benchmark results provide independent validation that Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX series rack servers deliver industry-leading performance in the business-critical areas of databases, virtualization and enterprise resource planning. Customers looking for investment protection and faster payback can rely on best-in-class performance results that validate the advantages of choosing Fujitsu servers.
A series of independent benchmark results ensure that Fujitsu’s PRIMERGY RX range stands out in a commodity market:
· The PRIMERGY RX200 S6 is designed to deliver gains in performance, expandability and productivity, and features a significantly improved performance/power ratio over the previous generation. This system now holds an early lead in the VMmark V2.0 virtualization benchmark, in the category for 24-core servers.*
· Crowning its position as best-performing 2 socket rack server, the PRIMERGY RX300 S6 holds the TPC-E benchmark world record for best price/performance in online transactional database processing (OLTP) . Fujitsu also takes second and third places in the Top Ten ranking for best price/performance in the TPC-E benchmark with the 4-socket PRIMERGY RX600 S5 and the 8–socket PRIMERGY RX900 S1. Moreover, the PRIMERGY RX900 S1 holds the number 1 position in the TPC-E Top Ten Performance results list of the Transaction Processing Performance Council. **
· The PRIMERGY RX900 S1 achieved an excellent performance result on the two-tier SAP® Sales and Distribution (SD) standard application benchmark, running SAP enhancement package 4 for the SAP ERP 6.0 application and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 as the database management system (DBMS) platform. This further highlights the system’s excellent performance as a DBMS platform. ***
Says Jens-Peter Seick, Senior Vice Pr esident Datacenter Systems at Fujitsu Technology Solutions: “Leading scores for PRIMERGY RX rack servers underline our focus on continual performance improvement. Our goal is to push the boundaries of performance innovation, as demonstrated by the results that confirm our focus on designing rack servers to meet the most-pressing business needs: reliability, performance, manageability and energy efficiency, supported by comprehensive Fujitsu services.”
- ends -
For further information, please see:
Notes to editors
* PRIMERGY RX200 S6 – Maximum Productivity, Higher Expandability
VMmark® 2.0 is a free tool that hardware vendors, virtualization software vendors and other organizations use to measure the performance and scalability of applications running in virtualized environments. The new VMmark 2.0 benchmark enables users to:
· Measure virtual datacenter performance accurately and reliably
· View and compare the performance of different hardware and virtualization platforms also in multi hosted environments
On January 25, 20011, the PRIMERGY RX200 S6 achieved No 1 Performance in the 24 Cores category with a VMmark V2.0 score of 6.81@7tiles; using VMware ESX v4.1 / vCenter 4.1 on 2 total hosts and 4 total sockets.
For details, see VMmark V2 Results of VMware at: http://www.vmware.com/a/vmmark/?s_score=d
** World leadership in TPC-E Database Transactional Processing – PRIMERGY Takes Ranking 1, 2, and 3
In the TPC-E Transactional Database Processing benchmark (1), issued by the TPC Council, PRIMERGY RX300 S6, PRIMERGY RX600 S5 and PRIMERGY RX900 S1 are currently ranking at 1, 2, and 3 respectively for the best price/performance, measured in $ per tps-E.
· #1: PRIMERGY RX300 S6 - 1,246.13 tps-E @ USD 191.48/tps-E (2)
· #2: PRIMERGY RX600 S5 - 2,046.96 tps-E @ USD 193.68/tps-E (3)
· #3: PRIMERGY RX900 S1 - 3,800 tps-E @ USD 245.82/tps-E (4)
· PRIMERGY RX600 S5 was the first server system in the TPC-E benchmark history to undercut the magic 200 US dollars (USD) per tps-E price/performance level.
· PRIMERGY RX600 S5 success was then followed up by the PRIMERGY RX300 S6, which was the first dual-socket server to score below that magic 200 USD mark.
· PRIMERGY RX300 S6 today provides the World Record Price/Performance in transactional database processing (as measured by TPC-E).
· The tps-E transactional performance data achieved with the recently introduced eight-socket PRIMERGY RX900 S1 server is equally impressive, it achieved a further world record for TPC-E Performance. In addition its price/performance advantage versus the nearest non-Fujitsu eight-socket server is 1/3 of the price per transaction ($ /tps-E) versus the next best competitor 8-socket x86 server (as of December 9, 2010).
· PRIMERGY RX600 S5 is the Performance Leader as regards the four-socket x86 servers , and the PRIMERGY RX300 S6 also earns Performance Leadership for the dual-socket x86 rack servers with TPC-E.
· All these related PRIMERGY TPC-E results were achieved using Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system editions and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 as database management system.
For the full list of TPC-E Top Ten Price/Performance Results, please see: http://www.tpc.org/tpce/results/tpce_price_perf_results.asp
*** PRIMERGY RX900 S1 - Proven platform for the deployment of SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 with Microsoft SQL Server 2008
The new 8-socket x86 Fujitsu server flagship PRIMERGY RX900 S1 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 together again deliver excellent performance when it comes to the deployment of SAP ERP.
On November 30, 2010, the PRIMERGY RX900 S1 achieved an excellent performance result on the two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark running SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 and the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 DBMS. Using 8 Intel Xeon Processors X7560, 2.26 GHz (64 cores, 128 threads), the RX900 S1 achieved 18,700 SAP SD benchmark users and 102.420 SAPS on Windows running SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition, and SQL Server 2008 (certification number 2010050).
Scaling of the SAP application is particularly efficient with the RX900 S1 8-socket server, coming close to the ideal factor of 2 (1.96) when compared to the 4-socket PRIMERGY RX600 S5. On April 20, 2010, the four-socket PRIMERGY RX600 S5 using four Intel Xeon Processors X7560, 2.26GHz (4 processors / 32 cores / 64 threads) achieved on the two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark 9,560 SAP SD benchmark users and 52.300 SAPS running SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (certification number 2010017).
The PRIMERGY RX900 S1 outperformed the HP Proliant DL980 G7, a competitor that also deployed the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 DBMS in the two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark. Results of the HP Proliant DL980 G7 achieved on the two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark with Intel Xeon Processor X7560, 2.26 GHz (8 processors / 64 cores / 128 threads): 18,635 SAP SD benchmark users running SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0, SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition (certification number 2010040).
Results as of December 9, 2010. For more details, see: http://www.sap.com/solutions/benchmark/sd2tier.epx
For more detailed information please visit the PRIMERGY Performance and Benchmark portal at: http://ts.fujitsu.com/products/standard_servers/primergy_bov.html
(1) The TPC Benchmark™ is a trademark or registered trademark of the Transaction Processing Performance Council. Competitive benchmark results stated above reflect results published as of December 9th, 2010 at: http://www.tpc.org/tpce/results/tpce_price_perf_results.asp and http://www.tpc.org/tpce/results/tpce_perf_results.asp
(2) The PRIMERGY RX300 S6 system using two Intel® Xeon® X5680 Processors and a memory of 96 GB achieved a TPC-E result of 1246.13 tpsE and a price/performance score of 191.48 USD per tpsE. Availability date is November 1st, 2010.
(3) The PRIMERGY RX600 S5 system using four Intel® Xeon® X7560 Processors and a memory of 512 GB achieved a TPC-E result of 2046.96 tpsE and a price/performance score of USD 193.68 per tpsE. Availability date is September 1st, 2010.
(4) The PRIMERGY RX900 S1 system using eight Intel® Xeon® X7560 Processors and a memory of 1 TB achieved a TPC-E result of 3800.00 tpsE and a price/performance score of 245.82 USD per tpsE. Availability date is October 1st, 2010.
Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Sigrun Harsch, Senior Manager Public & Analyst Relations
Tel.: + 49 (0) 89 62060 4454
Mobile: + 49 (0) 170 855 06 08
About Fujitsu Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com
About Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Fujitsu Technology Solutions is the leading European IT infrastructure provider with a presence in all key markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, plus India, serving large-, medium- and small-sized companies as well as consumers. With its Dynamic Infrastructures approach, the company offers a full portfolio of IT products, solutions and services, ranging from clients to datacenter solutions, Managed Infrastructure and Infrastructure-as-a-Service. Fujitsu Technology Solutions employs more than 13,000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group. For more information, please see: ts.fujitsu.com/aboutus .
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
SAP and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.
All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Date: 01 February, 2011
Share this page
United Arab Emirates