Mailslot Mechanism enables simple real-time cartridge tape insertion and ejection
A slot (cell) on the front of each magazine can be setup as a mailslot. This allows a tape cartridge to be inserted or ejected from the library while the library is online.
Mailslot is useful in the following situations:
- When inserting/ejecting specific volume cartridge tapes
- When inserting/ejecting the cleaning cartridge tapes
- When ejecting defective cartridge tapes
Using mailslot shortens response time compared to replacing whole magazines.
- Eliminates a bar code scan of all slots
- Eliminates need to update media mapping of backup software
||Number of mailslots
|ETERNUS LT20 S2
|ETERNUS LT40 S2
|ETERNUS LT60 S2
||10 slots (base module)
|Supported Tape Libraries
||ETERNUS LT20 S2/LT20
ETERNUS LT40 S2/LT40
ETERNUS LT60 S2/LT60
Note: Products/features/support content introduced on this page, are subject to change without notice.