Affected Fujitsu PC models and Battery Packs
Affected Fujitsu PC models
Affected battery packs in Fujitsu PCs
|Battery Pack P/N
||Beginning of Serial Number
The tables above list the Models, Part Numbers (P/N) and Serial Numbers of the battery packs that are subject to the program. The tables cover all affected battery packs, but not all battery packs within the range of the Serial Numbers may be affected.
If your model, battery’s P/N and Serial Number are not in the table, your battery pack is not subject to the program. If you have a spare battery pack, please also check its P/N and Serial Number.
How to check the Part Number and Serial Number of your Battery Pack:
- First confirm, if you have a Fujitsu PC from the above model list.
- If you have a PC on the above model list, please shutdown your PC.
- Disconnect the AC power adapter.
- Turn your PC over.
- Remove the battery pack from the PC.
- Push the spring-loaded battery pack latch away from the battery pack and hold it in place.
- Push the battery pack lock to the right; this will unlock the battery pack.
- Lift the battery pack out of the battery pack bay at the battery pack lift point at the rear center of the battery pack.
Important: When removing the battery pack, please make sure the system is off and the AC adapter is unplugged. Also, please be sure not to touch the connector between the PC and the battery.
The battery pack product number and serial number are found beneath the barcodes on a label on the battery pack highlighted below in red:
Note: Part numbers are a series of alphanumeric characters beginning with CP
- P/N：CP556150-01 and P/N：CP556150-02 are affected.
Note: The relevant part of the alphanumeric battery serial number begins with a Z after a hyphen
- CP556150-01: All batteries are affected.
- CP556150-02: Select Battery serial numbers Z120102 to Z120512 are affected.
You would like more information about the Fujitsu Battery Pack Exchange Program? Read our Frequently Asked Questions section.
NOTE: Alternatively, there is also a utility [Battery Check Tool Utility] available that will automatically inspect your battery pack and let you know if it is impacted. It can be downloaded, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I have an affected battery pack. What do I do next?
- Contact Fujitsu at: 1-800-8Fujitsu to request an RMA. You will be asked to provide the battery pack part number and serial number
- When you receive your replacement battery pack, please return the affected battery pack in the same packaging your new battery arrived in. Be sure and adhere to return postage sticker to the outside of the package.
Why is Fujitsu replacing some battery packs in certain Fujitsu PC models?
In cooperation with Panasonic, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, and Health Canada, Fujitsu America, Inc. and Fujitsu Canada, Inc. have voluntarily recalled approximately less than 400 Fujitsu-branded lithium-ion battery packs supplied by Panasonic. Fujitsu sold or provided these battery packs in the U.S. and Canada from August 2012 through July 2015. Under certain conditions, it is possible for these batteries packs may, in rare instances ignite and result in fire. By offering the Fujitsu Battery Pack Exchange Program, both Fujitsu America, Inc. and Fujitsu Canada, Inc. wish to ensure the safety and satisfaction of our customers, and so we are urging all customers who have products that meet the criteria set forth in the guidelines to register, receive a replacement battery pack and return the recalled one to us as specified.
Are all Fujitsu PCs affected?
No, because not all battery packs used in Fujitsu PCs are affected. Only those models which were a) sold with a battery pack, b) included a battery sold to Fujitsu by Panasonic, and c) used batteries that were made by Panasonic during particular date ranges are affected.
If I have an affected battery pack, what do I need to do?
Customers whose laptop batteries are affected should take the following two steps to use their laptops safely until the battery can be replaced. We apologize for the inconvenience of only being able to use your laptop with the AC adapter.
- Please use your laptop only with the battery removed.
- When using your computer, please remove the battery and plug in the AC adapter.
- When removing the battery pack, please make sure the laptop is turned off, and the AC adapter is unplugged.
- Please store the battery appropriately once it is removed.
- Please store it in a cool, dark place away from flammable objects.
- Please do not charge the battery while storing it.
How do I know if my Fujitsu PC qualifies for a free replacement battery pack under this program?
Please refer to the details around affected models and spare battery packs.
When will the replacement battery packs be available?
Fujitsu will send your replacement battery pack when available based upon the information you provide via the website.
My PC runs hot. Should I be concerned? Do I need a new battery pack?
Not likely. This is normal. PCs will generate heat when used in different applications or when the battery pack is being charged. As a rule of thumb, the more demanding the application, the more heat that will be generated. If you feel your PC is excessively hot you should contact our support hotline at 1-800-8FUJITSU for guidance.
Does my PC have a Panasonic-supplied battery pack which is eligible for replacement?
You will need to verify this by:
- Checking the model name of your PC.
- If it is an affected model, check the P/N and Lot Number of the installed battery pack.
As a result of these steps, you will either have an affected P/N and Lot Number, or you will not.
- In case of an affected P/N and Lot Number: If your P/N and Lot Number are affected, the battery pack is subject to replacement.
- In case of non-affected P/N or Lot Number: Your battery pack is not eligible for replacement.
Can I get my battery pack or main system replaced?
If your battery pack is eligible for the replacement program, you will be able to replace it. We cannot accept any request to replace the main system.
My PC or battery pack becomes hot. Is that all right? Can Fujitsu check it?
- In case of battery pack: The battery pack may become hot when used. If the battery pack temperature becomes higher than a certain temperature when charged, it is designed to stop charging temporarily to prevent it from becoming too hot.
- In case of PC: If you are concerned about your PC running too hot, please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-8FUJITSU
Can I borrow an alternate PC until battery pack replacement is done?
No, an alternate cannot be supplied.
How do I remove my battery pack?
Please see instructions.
I'm still confused. May I speak to someone about this?
Absolutely. Please call us at 1-800-8FUJITSU.