Position Title: Software Support Engineer – Currency Handling
Location: Foothill Ranch, Ca
Post Date: July 1, 2014
Develop software and provide technical training to customers as well as provide pre and post-sales technical support for OEM hardware components. Job duties include customer interaction, gathering technical requirements, software design, and troubleshooting for the Fujitsu’s family of OEM currency handling products http://www.fujitsu.com/us/oem/financial/atm/index.html
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Software Development – Develop in-house software tools to assist OEM customer software development efforts, sample applications to demo currency handling products and application programming interfaces from device level specifications.
- Technical training – Conduct and continuously develop software and hardware technical training classes as required for OEM clients and distribution channels. Provide training for and support product integration.
- Technical support - Responsible for pre-sales and post-sales software development and hardware support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and sales reseller / distribution channels throughout the Americas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to successfully prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 years’ experience with Visual Studio 2008 and above (Visual C++, Visual Basic).
- Understanding of Visual Studio 6.0 (Visual C++, unmanaged environment).
- Preferred interest in currency handling equipment, mechatronics, systems engineering and software development.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, and work well within a small diverse group of individuals. It is expected this person will quickly become the technical expert within the group and be able to effectively communicate with account sales personnel, marketing and customers
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent from accredited college.
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Normal office place demands.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 20% travel; Majority of travel will be in the USA, with occasional travel to Latin America and Japan.