Mukul Prasad is a Research Manager in the Software Quality & Security Laboratory. His research interests include all aspects of the validation and testing of enterprise software and hardware systems. He has thrice been a co-recipient of the Fujitsu Laboratories President Award for innovation.
He has authored over 35 conference and journal papers, including 1 best paper award and 2 best paper nominations, 1 book and holds 30 patents. He has served on more than 20 technical program committees of international conferences and workshops.
Mukul has a Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley and a B.Tech from the Indian Institute of Technology at Delhi. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and a Senior Member of ACM.
Books & Tutorials
- Masahiro Fujita, Indradeep Ghosh, Mukul R. Prasad, “Verification Techniques for System Level Design,” Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, October 2007. Book.
- Masahiro Fujita, Indradeep Ghosh and Mukul R. Prasad, “High Level Verification Techniques for System LSI Designs,” in Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), May 2005, Invited.
- Indradeep Ghosh, Mukul R. Prasad, Rajarshi Mukherjee and Masahiro Fujita, “Current Practices and Future Directions in High Level Design Validation,” in Proceedings of the Asia South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASPDAC), January 2005.
- Indradeep Ghosh, Mukul Prasad, Rajarshi Mukherjee, Masahiro Fujita, “High Level Design Validation: Current Practices and Future Directions,” in 17th International Conference on VLSI Design and 3rd International Conference on Embedded Systems, January 2004.
Journal & Conference Papers
- Xi Wang, Mukul R. Prasad, Indradeep Ghosh, Paparao Palacharla, Qiong Zhang, Inwoong Kim, and Motoyoshi Sekiya, “Intelligent Network Virtualization in Flexible Grid Optical Networks”, in Proceedings of the OSA Advanced Photonics Congress, June 2015. Invited Paper
- Cuong Nguyen, Hiroaki Yoshida, Mukul R. Prasad, Indradeep Ghosh, and Koushik Sen, “Generating Succinct Test Cases using Dont Care Analysis”, in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST 2015), April 2015.
- Shauvik Roy Choudhary, Mukul R. Prasad, and Alessandro Orso, “Cross-Platform Feature Matching for Web Applications”, in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA 2014), July 2014.
- Casper S. Jensen, Mukul R. Prasad and Anders Møller, “Automated Testing with Targeted Event Sequence Generation”, in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA 2013), July 2013.
- Shauvik Roy Choudhary, Mukul R. Prasad and Alessandro Orso, “X-PERT: Accurate Identification of Cross-Browser Issues in Web Applications,” in Proceedings of the 35th IEEE and ACM SIGSOFT International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2013), May 2013.
- Wei Yang, Mukul R. Prasad and Tao Xie, “A Grey-box Approach for Automated GUI Model Generation of Mobile Applications,” in Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering (FASE 2013), March 2013.
- Hideo Tanida, Mukul R. Prasad, Sreeranga P. Rajan and Masahiro Fujita, “Client-tier Validation of Dynamic Web Applications,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Software and Data Technologies (ICSOFT), July 2011. Best Paper Nomination
- Ali Mesbah and Mukul R. Prasad, “Automated Cross-Browser Compatibility Testing,” in Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), May 2011.
- S. Rajan, O. Tkachuk, M. Prasad, I. Ghosh, N. Goel, T. Uehara, “WEAVE: Web Applications Validation Environment,” in Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), May 2009.
- Liang Zhang, Mukul R. Prasad and Michael S. Hsiao, “Interleaved Invariant Checking with Dynamic Abstraction,” in Proceedings of the 13th Advanced Research Working Conference on Correct Hardware Design and Verification Methods (CHARME), October 2005.
- Liang Zhang, Mukul R. Prasad, Michael S. Hsiao and Thomas Sidle, “Dynamic Abstraction Using SAT-based BMC,” in Proceedings of the 42nd Design Automation Conference, June 2005.
- Mukul R. Prasad, Armin Biere and Aarti Gupta, “A Survey of Recent Advances in SAT-based Formal Verification,” in International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT), January 2005, Springer-Verlag.
- Liang Zhang, Mukul R. Prasad and Michael S. Hsiao, “Incremental Deductive and Inductive Reasoning for SAT-based Bounded Model Checking,” in IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD), November 2004.
- Evgueni Goldberg, Mukul R. Prasad and Robert K. Brayton, “Using Problem Symmetry in Search Based Satisfiability Algorithms,” in Proceedings of the Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE 2002), March 2002. Best Paper Award
- Mukul R. Prasad, Philip Chong and Kurt Keutzer, “Why is Combinational ATPG Efficiently Solvable for Practical VLSI Circuits?” in The Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications, Volume 17, Number 6, December 2001.
- Robert Carragher, Supratik Chakraborty, Y. Kanazawa, Rajeev Murgai, Mukul Prasad, T. Shibuya, Ankur Srivastava, Navin Vemuri and H. Yoshida, “Layout-driven Logic Optimization,” in Designers’ forum Proceedings of the Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE 2001), March 2001.
- Mukul R. Prasad, Philip Chong and Kurt Keutzer, “Why is ATPG Easy?” in Proceedings of the 36th Design Automation Conference (DAC 1999), June 1999. Best Paper Nomination
- Gurmeet S. Manku, Mukul R. Prasad and David A Patterson, “A New Voting Based Hardware Data Prefetch Scheme,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC ’97), December 1997.