Cong Chen is a Member of Research Staff at Fujitsu Laboratories of America. His research activities span human-computer interaction, design for children, special education, and software engineering. Prior to FLA, he was a faculty member at Jiangnan University in China, and has won numerous teaching awards including student-elected "My Favorite Instructors" in 2006.
He received his PhD in Computer Science from The University of Texas at Dallas in 2014, focusing on understanding and supporting software developers・information needs using fine-grained events in workspace. He holds his MS degree from Jiangnan University and BS from Zhejiang University, both in Computer Science.
- Xi Wang, Cong Chen, Paparao Palacharla, Motoyoshi Sekiya, Steffen Smolka, and Nate Foster. "SPN OS: Managing Network Services with Virtual Network Objects." IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Network (NFV-SDN), 2015
- Xi Wang, Steffen Smolka, Cong Chen, Nate Foster, Paparao Palacharla, and Motoyoshi Sekiya. "SPN OS: Object-Oriented Network Virtualization." ACM Sigcomm Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR), 2015
- Meng-Yao Chen, Cong Chen, Shu-Qing Liu, and Kang Zhang. "Visualized Awareness Support for Collaborative Software Development on Mobile Devices." International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering 25.02 (2015): 253-275.
- Cong Chen, and Kang Zhang. "Who Asked What: Integrating Crowdsourced FAQs into API Documentation." International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE). ACM, 2014.
- Cong Chen, and Kang Zhang. "The Effects of Continuous Awareness on Distributed Software Development." IEEE International Conference on Global Software Engineering (ICGSE), 2014.
- Meng-Yao Chen, Cong Chen, Shu-Qing Liu, and Kang Zhang. "Mobile Visualization Supporting Awareness in Collaborative Software Development." International Symposium on Visual Information Communication and Interaction (VINCI), 2014.
- Cong Chen, Wenyuan Tao, and Kang Zhang. "Continuous Awareness: A Visual Mobile Approach." Journal of Visual Languages & Computing 24.5 (2013): 390-401.
- Cong Chen, Kang Zhang, and Takayuki Itoh. "Empirical Evidence of Tags Supporting High-Level Awareness." International Conference on Cooperative Design, Visualization and Engineering (CDVE), 2012.
- Cong Chen, and Kang Zhang. "Team Radar: Visualizing Team Memories." International Conference of Evaluation of Novel Approaches to Software Engineering (ENASE), 2011.
- Cong Chen, and Shitong Wang. "Improved RBF Regression using Fuzzy Partition and Supervised Clustering." Journal of Electronics & Information Technology, vol. 31, 2009