Mukul Prasad is a Research Manager in the Software Quality & Security Laboratory. His research aims to develop automated tools and methodologies to empower software development teams to be more productive and to develop more correct and reliable software. He has thrice been a co-recipient of the Fujitsu Laboratories President Award for innovation.
He has authored over 40 conference and journal papers, including 1 best paper award and 2 best paper nominations, 1 book and holds 36 patents. He has served on more than 20 technical program committees of international conferences and workshops.
Mukul has a Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley and a B.Tech from the Indian Institute of Technology at Delhi. He is a Senior Member of ACM and a Senior Member of IEEE.
- Alex Horn, Ali Kheradmand, and Mukul R. Prasad, “Delta-Net: Real-time Network Verification Using Atoms”, in Proceedings of the 14th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI 2017), March 2017.
- Shin-Hwei Tan, Hiroaki Yoshida, Mukul R. Prasad, and Abhik Roychoudhury, “Antipatterns in Search-based Program Repair”, in Proceedings of the ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE 2016), November 2016.
- Hiroaki Yoshida, Susumu Tokumoto, Mukul R. Prasad, Indradeep Ghosh and Tadahiro Uehara “FSX: Fine-Grained Incremental Unit Test Generation for C/C++ Programs”, in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA 2016), July 2016.
- Cuong Nguyen, Hiroaki Yoshida, Mukul R. Prasad, Indradeep Ghosh, and Koushik Sen, “Generating Succinct Test Cases using Dont Care Analysis”, in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST 2015), April 2015.
- Shauvik Roy Choudhary, Mukul R. Prasad, and Alessandro Orso, “Cross-Platform Feature Matching for Web Applications”, in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA 2014), July 2014.
- Casper S. Jensen, Mukul R. Prasad and Anders Møller, “Automated Testing with Targeted Event Sequence Generation”, in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA 2013), July 2013.
- Shauvik Roy Choudhary, Mukul R. Prasad and Alessandro Orso, “X-PERT: Accurate Identification of Cross-Browser Issues in Web Applications,” in Proceedings of the 35th IEEE and ACM SIGSOFT International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2013), May 2013.
- Masahiro Fujita, Indradeep Ghosh, Mukul R. Prasad, “Verification Techniques for System Level Design,” Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, October 2007. Book
- Evgueni Goldberg, Mukul R. Prasad and Robert K. Brayton, “Using Problem Symmetry in Search Based Satisfiability Algorithms,” in Proceedings of the Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE 2002), March 2002. Best Paper Award
- Mukul R. Prasad, Philip Chong and Kurt Keutzer, “Why is ATPG Easy?” in Proceedings of the 36th Design Automation Conference (DAC 1999), June 1999. Best Paper Nomination