Fujitsu IT solutions for rail
Fujitsu’s IT solutions for UK rail networks
Over the last ten years the demand for rail services has dramatically increased.
The rail industry now faces significant challenges in:
- Enhancing the passenger experience
- Providing up-to-date information
- Reducing operating costs
- Building upon previously existing infrastructure
- Now more than ever, organisation’s must consider the "Digital Railway’", and the affect that this will have upon the industry in the foreseeable future. Fujitsu work with rail organisations around the world to help address the challenges they face.
We help shape the future of rail transport and improve the passenger experience through our IT solutions.
Fujitsu delivers tailored IT solutions to the rail industry, helping overcome their business challenges and expand the remits of their service.
- We provide ticket retailing solutions to the majority of train operating companies in the UK, which includes over 600 stations.
- We have successfully delivered wireless connectivity to over 200 underground stations.
- We have over 2,000 mobile engineers and 500 project managers dedicated to supporting our rail customers.
- We provide helpdesk support to travel agents and station staff, and manage over 800,000 calls annually.
- We are extensively involved in developing the UK rail network. This includes being heavily involved in the largest transport construction project in the UK to date.