The migration of legacy networks to next-generation standards is a technical and logistical challenge for operators, with large-scale roll-outs demanding tight timeframes for exchange upgrades. Fujitsu offers a specialist turnkey service to address this challenge, dramatically reducing typical on-site times. The service ranges from initial site survey, through materials sourcing, tie cables, logistics and project management, test access matrix facilities and equipment assembly, to exchange installation and commissioning.
Fujitsu can handle any and every aspect of network migration and maintenance:
- For more than a decade, we have led the industry as the largest supplier of exchange-based access product installations in the UK. Our extensive expertise spans the widest cross-section of high bandwidth access equipment – TPON, SDH and Access SDH, ADSL, HDSL, DWDM, Fibre Ethernet, Copper Ethernet and ISDN
- We are currently supplying 65% of the resource to implement the fibre interconnect for the BT 21CN national structures program, connecting the core metro nodes
- We also supply customer install services on both a direct and indirect customer-facing basis
- Fujitsu also builds communications infrastructure solutions, integrating equipment from leading data network and voice technology suppliers
- We have expertise in installing broadband and CATV equipment at street cabinet level
Our turnkey approach can be scaled according to our customers' requirements – across all aspects of planning: capacity, strategic and tactical planning, fibre and infrastructure, power, cable management, MDF block allocation and access planning – through to equipment logistics and staging, and equipment installation. In essence, we undertake the vast majority of the work required to fulfil a fully-managed access installation service.
Citizen: Global Telecommunications Case Study
Being a global service support partner for a top player in the telecommunications industry demands not only a global presence, but above all, the ability to offer central control of services that are geographically widely spread. Fujitsu demonstrate this expertise throughout the entire process chain – from orders for network components, to shipment, to support.
Ministry of Defence: Providing Telecommunications IT Services with BT in Germany
Fujitsu provides a helpdesk, maintenance support for a wide range of communications equipment in Germany as well as project support for BT in the installation and design of new equipment and systems.
Insights & Opinions
The conventional view of the mobile virtual network operator is out of date. Service providers that buy wholesale minutes at a discount price and sell no-frills telephony and text messaging to price-sensitive customers are finding it hard to survive.
Overcoming Separation Anxiety
Fujitsu's Graeme Wright argues business leaders must plan more effectively when engaging in divestment activity. Critically, he says, they must involve their CIOs from the very outset of discussions if they are to navigate the IT, cultural and strategic challenges of any separation successfully. He illustrates the benefits and opportunities this could bring, as well as warning of the potentially ruinous consequence of neglecting IT and people issues.
How Mobile Technology
As connected in-vehicle IT becomes increasingly key to car-buyers’ purchasing decisions, it’s time for vehicle manufacturers to think more like smartphone suppliers.