Service delivery overview
Fujitsu's Product Support Group
Highly trained support staff available when you need them
The roles and functional capabilities that are available within the Product Support Group are:
- Support Engineers – to deliver solutions and workarounds to problems, and to provide technical advice and guidance.
- Technical Account Managers – to deliver service management in the form of problem management, reviews and reporting, customer satisfaction surveying. They also provide proactive support information and to address product and lifecycle service requests. As part of Service Transition they run and maintain discovery activities.
These capabilities are available in English language between 0800-1800 Monday to Friday, excluding English public holidays. Services that include Technical Account Management have the option of 24x7x365 support for critical situations.
At the core of these services is the ability to log Support Requests with the Product Support Group. These Support Requests could be:
- Problems for workarounds and solutions
- Service Requests for technical advice and guidance
- Service Requests for product and support lifecycle information
The key resource capabilities that the Product Support Group can draw upon include:
- Vendor escalation support routes to Microsoft, Novell and Citrix. These are each Enterprise-class managed 24x7 underpinning contracts
- Partner-only knowledge tools
- Test labs – real and virtualised to reproduce and investigate problems
- Reference software from Microsoft, Novell and Citrix
- Virtualisation from VMware, Microsoft and Xen
- Vendor-supplied training materials and utilities
- Public knowledge tools like Microsoft TechNET and MSDN
- Product Resource Kits
- Third-party support tools
- Our technical knowledge and experience
Proactive Service by DesignOur support Engineers and Technical Account Managers work together to deliver proactive services to customers.
The idea is that proactive and preventative work is more efficient than reactive support. It is better to avoid a problem than to have to solve it.
Specific proactive services are available in the form of infrastructure component health checks and capacity management at component level. Timely and appropriate use of these services will lead to improved:
- Quality of service from IT infrastructure
- Consistency of service and uptime
- Predictable service performance
- IT governance Information for decision-making