Cisco MDS 9216i
Multilayer Fabric Switch
The MDS 9216i Multilayer Fabric Switch integrates Fibre Channel and IP into a single form factor, providing fourteen 2-Gbit/sec Fibre Channel interfaces and two Gigabit Ethernet ports which can be configured to support either Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) for long distance SAN extension or iSCSI for cost-effective SAN expansion.
As the storage network expands, the MDS 9000 family modules can be migrated from the MDS 9216i into the MDS 9500 Series Multilayer Directors, providing smooth migration, common sparing, and outstanding investment protection.
- More efficient storage network utilization
- Enhanced security and stability
- VSANs allow cost sharing of a network among more users
- Hot-swappable, redundant fans and power supplies
- Class-leading availability
- Minimizing TCO
- Multi-protocol Intelligence (FC, iSCSI, FCIP and FICON)
- Investment protection
- Flexible architectures are possible
- Ideal for building cost optimized storage networks