Cisco MDS 9216/9216A
Scalable 16-Port Multilayer Fabric Switch
The MDS 9216/9216A Multilayer Fabric Switch brings new capabilities to the fabric switch market, combining multilayer intelligence and a modular chassis with a compact form factor and low price point. As the storage network expands, the MDS 9000 family modules can be migrated from the MDS 9216/9216A into MDS 9500 Series Multilayer Directors, providing smooth migration, common sparing, and outstanding investment protection.
The Switch provides 16 fix ports and a free expansion slot for a further MDS 9000 module. The MDS 9216 can be expanded up to 48 ports.
- More efficient storage network utilization
- Enhanced security and stability
- VSANs allow cost sharing of a network among more users
- Hot-swappable, redundant fans and power supplies
- Class-leading availability
- Minimizing TCO
- Multi-protocol Intelligence (FC, iSCSI, FCIP and FICON)
- Investment protection
- Flexible architectures are possible
- Ideal for building cost optimized storage networks