Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
Researcher / Senior Researcher – AI
Hayes, Uxbridge - Middlesex
Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe (FLE) is a multidisciplinary centre which, as part of Fujitsu’s global R&D activity, conducts research and development in the fields of information technology and mobile communications.
Our Artificial Intelligence Research Division is at the forefront of exploring how information technology systems can evolve to manage and enhance modern life. The Division’s current activities are centred on the research & development of efficient software applications in AI and applying them for advancing various vertical markets such as, for example, Environmental, Health, Energy, Engineering and Manufacturing sectors.
Applications are invited for this full-time, permanent Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies research position. This exciting opportunity is for a suitably qualified and research minded individual who can provide both technical leadership and engage in working closely with Fujitsu Global R&D groups, academic & industrial partners and government research institutions to develop the required computational technologies. A strong research mind is integral to this role as are the strong communication skills to translate those ideas generated along with an individual’s dynamism to bring the research to fruition. The successful candidate will also have a keen interest in keeping up to date with technology trends, and incorporating relevant developments in their research plans.
Applicants should possess a good first degree and will ideally also have attained a relevant postgraduate qualification or PhD in a quantitative science.
- Knowledge of Computer Systems design on parallel/distributed computer environments
- Knowledge of programming techniques (MPI and OpenMP) for parallel computers and experience with tools such as debuggers and performance analysers
- Expert knowledge in the following programming languages: Python, C/C++
- Sound mathematical background to understand and optimize Deep Neural Networks
- Experience and knowledge with team development such as source code version control tool (Git), Continuous Integration tool (Jenkins, Travis CI including testing tools), bug tracker system (Gitlab, Github, Jira) and delivery tool (Docker, Ansible)
- Parallelisation/optimization of large scientific software on GPUs / Xeon Phi
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks such as CAFFE and Chainer and its libraries (ex. cuDNN)
- Project management skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentational)
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with an engaging personality
We offer a competitive salary and excellent working conditions together with an attractive benefits package. Appointment will be made at a grade that is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applications, including a covering letter and CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 31st July 2017.