Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe (FLE) is a multidisciplinary centre which, as part of Fujitsu’s global R&D activity, conducts research in the fields of information technology and mobile communications.
Applications are invited for this full-time, permanent position in our Future Networks Research Division which is at the leading edge of next generation wireless network research (5G). In particular we are focusing on the technologies that will contribute to the realisation of the next generation networks including advanced networking solutions, network virtualisation, software defined networking, and radio technologies. Creation of added value through advanced networking data analytics is seen as a key element.
The successful applicant will be part of a small, innovative team working closely with global research, standardisation and business teams within Fujitsu and will be required to:
- Make key contributions to the development of the research for future mobile networks including cloud controlled access networks, virtualisation and software defined networking.
- Generate new concepts, technologies, services and solutions which would form the basis of innovative smart solutions for the next generation “software first” networking.
- Technical development (software & hardware) of proof of concept demonstrators to validate arising innovative technologies, concepts, services and solutions
- Identify how new concepts and innovation will impact standards and business models in the future.
- Technically lead standardisation activities in international bodies where relevant.
- Prepare and present white papers and papers for prestigious international technical conferences.
- Close collaboration with colleagues in other Fujitsu laboratories, with external collaborators and business units will be a key feature of the role.
Candidates should ideally possess a relevant PhD or MSc in Computer Science (preferably) or in Telecommunications with extensive experience in either software defined networking or ICT virtualisation, be highly self-motivated and able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant Industry/commercial experience of at least 2 years, ideally in network virtualisation and/or software defined networks.
- Industry recognised expertise in the field of virtualisation and software defined networking
- Proven technical capability in the development of the research strategy for future mobile networking.
- Strong understanding of emerging technologies in evolving mobile networks such as:
- network virtualisation,
- software defined networks,
- self-configuration & self-optimisation, and
- network data analytics
- Strong analytical skills and a proven aptitude for innovation
- Strong experience of and practical skills in modern software prototyping
- Ability to develop new business models for future network deployments
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of the architectures and fundamentals of mobile networks both from the wireless and network access network perspective
- Detailed knowledge of network, service and application layers of modern mobile, wireless and wired communication networks.
Following personal attributes are considered essential for the role:-
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentational skills
- Effective collaborative team working in international multicultural virtual teams
- Strong report writing ability
- Willingness to travel overseas when required for business
- Outgoing and proactive personality
We offer a competitive salary and excellent working conditions together with an attractive benefits package.
Applications to include a covering letter (confirming the job title of the role you wish to apply for and your salary expectations) and your C.V. should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org