Global Shipments of FUJITSU Image Scanners Have Passed the 10 Million Mark!
Special Logo to Commemorate 10 Million Shipments
PFU released its first image scanner, the U4301A flatbed scanner, back in 1983*2
. Since then, PFU has continued to face customers’ needs one by one as well as expand its “fi Series”*3
scanner lineup with the addition of ADF*4
equipped models and high speed image scanners. Its original software bundled with the fi Series has also facilitated customer operation efficiency by taking user operations before and after scanning into consideration as well as offering optimal image data with its simple interface. The “ScanSnap Series” enabling “One Touch” scanning and digitization released in 2001, then proceeded to open up a new era with PFU’s release of the Wi-Fi*5
compatible iX Series and overhead scanning SV600. PFU has in this way, continued to evolve along with the diffusion of the Internet and technological developments in society as well as customer lifestyles.
34 years since PFU sold its first image scanner, not only has its image scanners been used in offices and homes in over 100 countries worldwide, but its fi Series has also received much acclaim to achieve Number 1 in the global scanner market share.*6
PFU has launched a “10M Achievement” special website
in honor of this 10 million scanner mark. Utilizing the slogan, “Good quality has 10 million reasons.” which contains messages of how the various reasons as to why our customers have purchased our scanners, this website will be sharing various types of campaign information held throughout the world as well as the underlying history of PFU’s scanners.
A website named “Our Scanner Story”
has also been launched to share PFU’s stance in producing image scanners, definite quality and technology, and fascination that it has continued to deliver customers through its products.
1. Total number encompasses image scanners shipped from PFU. Includes scanners designed, developed, and manufactured by PFU since 1983 (counted by PFU).
2. Released back when PFU still operated under the name of USAC Electronic Industrial Co., Ltd.
3. The FUJITSU "fi Series" consists of image scanners for professional use and is globally marketed by PFU LIMITED, Fujitsu, and Fujitsu Group Companies.
4. ADF is the abbreviation for “Automatic Document Feeder”.
5. Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, and the Wi-Fi Protected Setup logo are trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance.
6. Source: The above data is the market share of image scanners. Market share data for Japan and North America is based on 2015 statistics for 6 image scanner segments with the exception of Mobile/Micro scanners (mainly image scanners with a speed of more than 8ppm included) and is collected by KEYPOINT INTELLIGENCE (InfoTrends). Market share data for Europe is based on 2015 statistics of image scanners with a speed of over 15ppm and a price higher than $500 and is collected by InfoSource for Western Europe (including Turkey and Greece).
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.7 trillion yen (US$41 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com
Fujitsu brand scanners are designed, manufactured and marketed worldwide by PFU Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited (Japan). PFU is a globally active IT provider that designs, manufactures and markets computer hardware, peripheral products and enterprise software. PFU offers a broad portfolio of document scanners for professional personal, desktop, workgroup, high-volume production and networked environments and is one of the world's leading document scanner companies. PFU has been engaged in the document imaging scanner business for more than 25 years and generates an annual turnover of over $1 billion.
PFU Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., renamed from PFU Technology Singapore Pte. Ltd, was established in Singapore in 1994. It is responsible for the marketing, sale and quality control of Fujitsu document scanners in Asia Pacific.
Press Contact - PFU Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Phone: (65) 6285 – 0330
Company: PFU Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Date: 12 September, 2017
City: Yokohama, Japan
PFU Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Share this page