- Equens: Data Centre Services for Secure Financial Transactions
- Bank transfers, withdrawing money from an ATM, paying by debit card, credit card, direct debit or giro transfer: electronic payment is now the most natural thing in the world.
- Deutsche Postbank International
Established in 1993, Deutsche Postbank International S.A. (PBI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deutsche Postbank AG. It is an independent bank, based in Luxembourg. It employs 170 people and manages approximately 185,000 customer accounts, with a regulatory capital of about €726 million. The Challenge: Migration of the database underpinning all core banking operations to a more cost-efficient and better-performing platform, without compromising the integrity of business-critical customer data. Visibility of and control over employee use of the database was also improved in order to make more strategic investments in licences. The Solution: A workshop with Fujitsu identified the best combination of hardware technology and database licencing model to cut IT costs and improve business performance. Everything was installed and migrated within six months.
- Clearstream goes Linux
- When assets are traded, both parties need to be sure that they will receive their part of the transaction. Given the complexity, speed, and quantity of assets involved, a fast, secure and trusted third-party is absolutely essential for settling transactions. Clearstream is a leading European supplier of such post-trading services. The whollyowned subsidiary of Deutsche Börse ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively delivered to trading parties. It also manages and administers the securities that it holds on behalf of its customers. Over 300,000 domestic and internationally traded bonds, equities and investment funds are currently on deposit with Clearstream. Clearstream International was formed in January 2000 through the merger of Cedel International and Deutsche Börse Clearing. The full integration of Clearstream was completed in July 2002. The Challenge: Until 2009, all of Clearstream’s core applications were supported by UNIX-based servers. In order to build a future-proof and cost-efficient foundation for further growth, the infrastructure needed to move to a standardized platform with fast processors. The Solution: By moving to a new server platform based on Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX600 and RX300 servers, Clearstream improved the performance of the platform, reduced its costs – and now has a stable server infrastructure for future growth in place.
- KBC Bank: Secure IT Architecture and Integration of Murex and Swift Systems
- Fujitsu implemented a solution for KBC Bank which included a firewall system and integration between application components and a new messaging system.